Hotel du Vin
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
1,490 results
All reviewsroll top bathhdv brightonmonsoon showerjunior suitefree standing bathwalk in showernespresso machineno liftwedding partylovely hotelsunday nightsea frontroom ratemini bareggs benedictmy partnerfollowing morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I attended a birthday celebration with a group of girls. The staff were all excellent and made sure we had fun, the food was superb, presentation fabulous and it tasted exquisite! I can't wait to go back. It knocks socks off all the other stuffy and old fashioned hotels on the seafront!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My room named after Horsham brewer WJ King was at the top of 4 flights of stairs in an attic room - though nicely converted it lacked space - even difficult to open a suitcase. 260 quid a night deserves better. No lift. Rooms well equipped with booze BUT they did a pre-authorisation on my debit card for a whopping 950 pounds and actually took the money out of my account the day I left. My over charge for food and drinks (accommodation paid up front) was 130 pounds and they then sent me a receipt for 95. So I had to ask for a 35 pound refund. It took a week to get all my money back.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed on a Friday night, arrived and were told that we were upgraded to another room.
Roederer Cristal
WOW what an awesome room it was.
Huge Bed, two baths, the shower is bigger than the average hotel room. We cancelled our Bistro reservation and ordered room service as it was more fun to stay in the such a great room.

The food was as good as ever, nothing was too much trouble for the staff, the cot we asked for was already in the room, high chair was provided to assist in the feeding of guest number 3!

The only fault that we can find with the rooms is one echoed by others who have stayed that the pillows are slightly lacking on the comfort side, there are plenty of them but they are too soft on the whole.

Breakfast set us up well for the rest of the day as we wandered around Brighton, the service and choice is great, would do well to carry some of the dishes through to the Sunday Brunch menu.

We will be continuing our tour of the HDV chain - think Winchester or Cambridge are next on the visit list. Hope that they continue the great service that we have become used to.

Room Tip: put down for the option of upgrading when you use their website to book a room - these options not available through other booking sites.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed on a business trip, and being my first time was not sure what to expect from a Du Vin Hotel. Well I was definately wowed. The size of the room, the level of comfort / amenites, the cosiness, the friendliness of the staff, and their 1st class sommelier, Ziggy.
Will definately be back, but next time with the family.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed at this lovely hotel in brighton with a business group at the end of April. The room i stayed in was very spacious and the decor had a British feel to it. I had a large bay window with a view of the ocean which was nice to wake up to. As a group we had a wine tasting with Ziggy which was a fantastic way to start off an evening with a group of work colleagues. Ziggy was outstanding and his knowledge and expertise were 5 star. We had dinner after the tasting which was delicious and Ziggy had even matched wines to accompany. The breakfast the following morning was top notch - Salmon & scrambled eggs, a great way to start the day.