“Awful filthy place”

and 1 more site!
Prince Regent Hotel
Ranked #34 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed August 28, 2012

One of the most horrible places I've seen outside the developing world.

Dirty fitted carpets from the entry up through the narrow stairs (no lift) to the forth floor where our tiny, dirty and filthy room was located.

Kind of indifferent personnel but at the price (about £100 nightly with minimum 2 days stay) you'd expect the place at least to be clean.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere, preferably rent a room from someone private as we have done after this experience sinc...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Victor A
Hellenk17, Manager at Prince Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for your review. The pictures you provided are very old (more that 1 year old), and at the time of your review the hotel has already finished renovation of rooms. Please pay attention how this room looks like now: Room 410 (traveller photo no.36 above). So, the review you made is slightly outdated. However, please visit us again and enjoy newer and nicer rooms.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Good location, nice building. But receptionist was horrible and rude, room was filthy ( entire lipstick mark on glass, hair in bed) decoration was kitch, room was tiny, no sound proof what-so-ever. Expensive. Terrible hotel! Stay well clear!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank hannahleriv
Hellenk17, Manager at Prince Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

You arrived at 11 o'clock in the evening with your children and although it is against our policy we agreed to give you the room as it was so late. We are therefore very disappointed to receive this (what we consider to be unfair) review bearing in mind we had done our best to help you.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We enjoyed the stay here with helpful manageress, although the room was small, it had all facilities and comfy bed. The staircase was a bit tired but the room was clean and fresh. Close to Churchill Sq shops too. Worth the upgrade to the four poster sea view room overlooking Regency Square where parked for £9.50 for 24 hours

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wayzgoose110

Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you to the Prince Regent Hotel in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

im staying in brighton with my friends and we booked this hotel over the phone.
The room is clean and tidy and the location couldn't get better its near town as well
as the beach. With the sun out in brighton at the moment it is a very good place to stay.

Room Tip: room 102 is very nice!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Hellenk17, Manager at Prince Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thank you very much for your stay with Prince Regent Hotel, we will be happy to see you again!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Booked a single room last minute. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room had everything I needed, En suite, tv, tea/coffee making facilities. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank VinceN

Thank you very much for your stay with Prince Regent Hotel and for your nice comments, we will be happy to see you again!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I planned a last minute trip to Brighton and searched for a good deal for hotels. I came across the Prince Regent Hotel and after speaking to a gentleman named Alex, made a reservation for 3 nights at £30 per night. Having looked at the website, I couldn't believe my luck. Result I thought ... Wrong! Alex told me I could book in any time from 2pm upon my arrival. So I arrive in Brighton, boiling heat, large case to book in ... I waited for an hour outside knocking on the door, phoning non-stop all to no avail. No-one was there, which I thought was extremely rude and unprofessional. Not wanting to be stranded in Brighton with nowhere to stay, I luckilly found another hotel round the corner. When I told them what had happened, they more or less told me I had a lucky escape and reading the reviews on here, I can now see why. I did try to cancel my reservation but even later that day, still no-one was bothering to answer the phone. Luckilly, I didn't pay any money up front. I do not recommend going anywhere near this hotel especially after reading the less than flattering reviews on here,

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LFF74
Hellenk17, Manager at Prince Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for your comment. I am truly sorry about your experience. However, it is not clear from your comment what time you arrived. Our working hours are from 9am to 9pm, so if you arrived after 9pm the hotel would have been closed. If you did check our website, then you have probably seen this information there. During the day the hotel door is always open and there is always staff for your service during the opening hours.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

i have spoken to the hotel manager many times, she is always professional and helpful! well done on running on a good hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flyhalf g
Hellenk17, Owner at Prince Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you very much for your stay and your nice comment! I am looking forward to welcoming you again!