“Disturbing”

Prince Regent Hotel
Ranked #33 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Never book this - i would imagine u would have better facilities in prison, everything listed from others does not comprehend to the reality that will be forced upon you.The most disturbing slum i have had the misfortune of paying for. NEVER STAY HERE

Room Tip: Another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank csm29
Hellenk17, Manager at Prince Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for you comment. However, it is hard to understand what exactly you have found disturbing when staying with us. Also, it makes me doubt that you have actually stayed in our hotel or somebody have actually asked you to put this comment here.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Don't book! It is dangerous to stay there! The roof is leaking.... I book through booking.com. I didn’t red the comments before booking made a Big Mistake. All the bad comments are true. Please help me with advice how to get my many back and close down This!

Room Tip: Do not Book! Not worth a cent!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Andrejs R
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This horrible hotel almost ruined our break away as we wanted to spend as little time as possible in it. Stains on the carpet and sheets, peeling wall paper, a texco's bag wrapped around the smoke alart, a shower that doesn't work and a toilet door that didn't shut. And an overwhelming stale smell. I cannot believe that this place hasn't been closed down yet.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Naomi S
Reviewed February 5, 2012

well where do i start ? wish i looked on here first , i work away all wk (5 days) every wk business . I stay in good digs and bad but this hotel took the biscuit . i booked three rooms at £65 per room for a pool show at brighton for friday night thinking i may struggle for saturday asked what rooms they had they told me they only had 1 double and 2 four poster bedrooms available so without thinking properly and having done 4 days outdoor work in freezing temps just booked them for myself and 2 workmates . then got told it was £115,00 per room for saturday per room , you dont want to know what i thought when i got up sat morning to find that breakfast was not included .If i had taken my wife here for a holiday think i would be divorced by now (no, shes no prude ) Smelly room . cold room , noise from above room and at side of room ,thin walls ,people we heard was not being noisey delibertly just cak walls. tv was multi coloured hence 1 part green 1 yellow and 1 red . when booking in the lady (think she was german, but this has nothing to do with any nationality what so ever ) who i presume was in charge slagged the young girl down in front of us while she was booking us in because she was struggling to comprehend what rates she was doing for us , under misguidence from herself. thenafter to going to room , looking in crappy bathroom, notices up saying any stains to bath towels ( blood from shaving , make up , etc ) wil be charged £10 small towels £20 large towels we all make mistakes but like i said i practically live in hotels and this was beyond anything ive exsperienced before it was a con to get what they can get out of you . stair carpets were pulling away (thats a liable case awaiting when someone falls) please think and look elsewhere before booking this place, look at the other reports , if you don't take notice then it's your own fault ,myself and other reports state what this hotel is about , think to yourselfs why haven't the hotel owners replied to any of the criticism thats put up to them . Maybe becauce its all true ?YOU'VE BEEN WARNED !!!!!!!!

Room Tip: go else where
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank david s
Reviewed October 29, 2011

The room was cheap (£50) but not even worth that as the sink was blocked and water was leaking from the ceilling. When we informed the receptionist she was extremely rude and implied that we poured the water on the floor ourselves. She then told us there was nothing she could do and that the manager couldn't be contacted. Very dodgy. When I suggested that he should be available to sort the situation out, I was told " it is not your place to tell the boss how to do his job!". Another guest had no running water and this had not been sorted either.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Karen F
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I love Brighton, and as a surprise my fiance booked us a weekend away, staying at the Prince Regent, at over £100 a night, not including breakfast. Everything about this place was awful. The first room we were given was incredibly cramped, with decor that was supposed to be charmingly regency-styled and was in fact overdone, old and tatty. The bedcovers were clean but very worn, the sort of sheets I'd only use as undersheets. The second I opened the door to the bathroom we were overwhelmed with the smell of mould, the entire shower was covered in it. I can't imagine when it was last cleaned. We complained and were told that they didn't have another room but that we would be moved for our second night. This did happen and we got a room with a sea view, but if anything it was smaller, with cheaper furniture, and a mouldy mini-fridge. The bathroom was clean but smelt awfully of bleach, so they had obviously had to do some serious work to get it up to scratch.
My partner brought our issues up with the manager, but she claims she has no power and told us the owner would be in touch; he hasn't. We have been in touch several times but have heard nothing back from this man.
On no account should you stay at this hotel, Brighton is full of wonderful B&Bs who deserve your money.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank poppyinpink
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I booked this hotel as a birthday treat for my partner, and I was so disappointed.
when we arrived at the hotel we were given a room on the top floor, as there was no lift and we had luggage we asked if we could have a room on a lower floor we were told we could but would only have channels 1 - 5 and not the freeview that had been advertised. So we stuck with the top floor room when we got in to the room it was small you had to take in turns to walk around as there was not enough room to walk around, and the bathroom again was so small, another thing that annoyed me about this room was the fact that they had a sign in the bathroom saying that if there was any dirt on the towels (which included make up) you would be charged £10 for a small towel and £20 for a large one. the excuse being make up can not be removed, which to me imply's they do not know how to wash the towels correctly!!!

In the evening as we arrived back to the room it sounded like somebody was standing outside our room speaking very loudly and banging around however it turned out it was just the guest next door on the phone you could literally hear the entire conversation and other people TV's which made me very uncomfortable.

There were basically no facility's, when we were checking out we asked if we could leave our bags at reception after some deliberating we were finally told we could however if we decided to we would not have access to the bags till 6pm that evening as there are not staff there during the day.

Overall I was very disappointed in this hotel, especially as it has cost me near enough £200 for two nights. I would never stay here again and would not advise anyone else to.
The only good thing was the location but as there are 100's of hotels all around there I would stay in a different hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple