“good location and friendly staff also a very good breakfast.”

Premier Inn Brighton City Centre Hotel
Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had just met a sister and brother I never new I had and a budjet hotel that was comfortable was important to us all because they had just arrived from the USA to introduce themselves to me.
The hotel impressed all of us and made our stay one that we will always remember !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,647)

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My Hubby and I were looking for a room close to the centre of Brighton, clean and comfy and not too expensive
This one ticked all the box's before we stayed and I am happy to say, I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that it was everything we wanted a a bit more
No hesitation in returning ourselves or in recomending others to stay

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Yvonne D
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I (in one room) and our son (in another) stayed here for about 10 days in September. We really enjoyed our stay, mainly because the hotel is so perfectly located in Brighton - as central as you can get to the shopping, etc. - and also because of the incredibly friendly and always helpful staff, especially at the front desk and in the in-house restaurant. Also having an air-conditioned hotel was a great comfort (relatively few hotels in Brighton have air-conditioned rooms). Also, the rooms are comparatively large by British standards. One other thing - the beds are wonderfully comfortable, clearly designed and outfitted to ensure a good night's sleep. It's also a very quiet hotel, thankfully so. On top of all that, it's economically priced in comparison to most of the seaside hotels that are just a block or two away.

Just two complaints, both relatively minor in the scheme of things. Firstly, there is no porter, and no luggage lorry, so you're entirely on your own with your luggage. Then again, it's a short walk to the elevators which are always reliable. Our other complaint is that it would have been good if the rooms came equipped with a small fridge and an iron/ironing board and an in-room safe. The absence of a fridge especially - none was even available for rental - meant a twice-daily trek to and from the front desk to get my wife's insulin out of the hotel refrigerator. It would be good, I think, to have a fridge and iron/ironing board and in-room safe available as amenities, even if they were only offered as options for which you would have to pay more, as we would have been happily prepared to do.

But I wouldn't want those few shortcomings to detract from my main message : we had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. It's a no-frills, efficiently-operated, clean and tidy hotel with a young, extremely friendly and dedicated staff. It's perfectly located. It's quiet. The beds are comfortable. It's air-conditioned. O' and the food is great too, and the coffee -especially the cappucino - served in the restaurant downstairs is outstanding.

Will we stay there again the next time we're in Brighton? You bet we will!

Thanks to the staff, especially the front desk staff, for making our stay so comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sean M
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

This was the fifth and final Premier Inn of my trip, the hotel is centrally located in a former office building.

From the outside the building looks very run down and in need if renovation. The lobby has a sign that directs you up to the first floor to reception, when I arrived one of the two elevators were broken.

I was on the 7th floor, access to this floor is by elevator to the 6th floor then taking a flight of stairs to the 7th floor.

The room itself was huge with a nice view if the city. The bed was comfortable and everything worked. The only issue I had with the room was that the fittings were obviously old and the television was small compared to other Premier Inn hotels.

Overall I was happy with this hotel, the staff were friendly and helped me with Internet connectivity issues (which I have noticed have been intermittently present in all Premier Inn hotels throughout my trip)

Recommended to all but ask for a room below the 7th floor if your not keen on stairs.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel is in an excellent location, a short walk to all the main shopping areas and a short stroll to the sea front. Very close to the train station and buses ran allong the main road outside. A great base for a short break. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Everything exceeded my expectations as I had never stayed at a Premier Inn before.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

If you're looking for location you have it the jackpot with this hotel. The room was a good size however the sheets had alot of stains on and the bathroom wad dark with a dirty shower curtain. Breakfast was good here.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here for a few days whilst visiting the area on business.
- Location wise it is good. Walkable from the station and a 4 min walk to the sea front, and a little more to the conference centre and main hotels.
- the room was basic but comfortable. I like the choice between hard/soft pillows and the bed was excellent.
- the breakfast was very good - excellent choice.
- cost was reasonable.
- no ironing facilities in the room which was irritating.
- bathroom was fine.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor and not over the main street.