Open today: 11:00 AM - 3:00 AM
Review Highlights
Good drinks, but got bogged out by doorstaff

Music randomly turned off DJ goes and get told to drink up 2 hours before close. Doorman stare... read more

Reviewed September 5, 2018
Eden C
via mobile
Ok for a drink on a wet afternoon

Came here to shelter from torrential rain and it’s ok. Glasses were chipped but staff replaced them... read more

Reviewed August 26, 2018

from $16.70
from $34.80
from $46.80
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 20, 2018

The waitress' attitude at Walkabout was beyond rude, it really soured my experience and after me and my two friends paid a £5 entry fee, it made me want to never return.

I had been to the bar multiple times and ordered drinks. During this time one waitress had got one of my friend's orders wrong, (made a different drink) but she rectified it.

Later I approached the bar and asked for a drink from the same waitress. I was then charged for eight drinks. After I explained I had only wanted one she shouted at me, saying that I should have seen her making the drinks and corrected her. She then escalated this to her manager who asked me to pay for all eight drinks or she would order me and my friends to leave.

When I was leaving the bouncer pulled me to the side and asked if it was the girl with curly blonde hair behind the bar. He apologized to me and said she often got orders wrong and he has had to remove people before for her mistakes, but there was nothing he could do.

Before I continue, I would like to say that we were out celebrating a 30th birthday party. I was not drunk and I am not a young, immature teenager.

I am furious. It is not my job to watch her and ensure that she is doing her job right. Its not my job to check how many drinks she is making and whether they are all for me when she was handling multiple orders on the night, and had actually served me while making drinks for someone else. I should not be asked to leave because she made a mistake and misheard me, when she had got multiple orders on the night wrong. I should absolutely not lose entry money for me and my whole party when she has a reputation among her own staff for making mistakes. To have a bouncer apologize to me for her error is outrageous, it shows the problems in that club run deep.

Do not go to this club. My only mistake was not looking out for her mistake. If anything I would like a direct response from the company.

Dave A, Manager at Walkabout, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Hi Andreas, Sorry to hear about the issues you had in the venue on the weekend. This is not the customer experience we pride ourselves on at Walkabout. If possible could you give us a call at the venue on 01273 256720 or Email me you phone number so I can call you and discuss the issue. I wish to investigate this fully and take action as needed. Hopefully we can restore your faith in Walkabout and visit us again soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Was having a bit of a dull night until we came here! Met a fab member of staff called Liam, made us feel so welcome. Good price for food and drink, great atmosphere and would highly recommend visiting!

Dave A, Manager at Walkabout, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Thanks Louise for your review, Will pass on your coments to Liam.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Love it really, been here plenty over the past few months and every visit is a bit good, the pink gin and lemonade is just out of this world I have to say, only bad experience so far is that I’ve got myself involved in an extremely hard game with a bird, it’s like playing chess against a robot hard, but none the less I won’t give up and neither will I stop going here. See you soon. P.S do I get a free drink for a 5 star review? Many thanks

Dave A, Manager at Walkabout, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Hi Jimmy, Thanks for your review. Nice try for a free drink.

Reviewed July 27, 2018

Plastic pub but would be great for viewing sport as has it's own grant stand. Lacks character as in one big room

I had a Cider

Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

We have been at the walkabout many times during the worldcup 2018. Young excited English guys feel free to throw glasses on people who support the opposite team. The security did absolutely nothing to stop them or calm them down. I’ve seen people shouting and insulting girls who were supporting another team and I’ve Seen guys being very aggressive in their regards. The walkabout could be nice for a beer during the week , but it’s not a place able to handle events like the worldcup.

Dave A, Manager at Walkabout, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Hi Ileniasbreglia.

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that you felt this during your visit.
Customer safety is a priority for us and it is a small number of people that ruin it for the rest, under no circumstances do we allow people to throw glasses at the opposite teams fans, or shouting abuse, actions were taken with these people during the event with quite a few asked to leave because of this.
We have taken relevant steps to ensure this doesn't happen again.
We take a lot of pride in ensuring all our customers have the best experience while in our venues.

Regards