“Feels like staying with friends”

Brighton Marina House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 93 Brighton B&B and Inns
Antwerp, Belgium
“Feels like staying with friends”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This Hotel is really worth it. Suzie and Telly really made us feel welcome from the beginning unil the end. The room was great, nothing was to much to ask and the breakfast was … delicious.

looking forward to staying there again
Nathalie & Mario

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nathalie S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Suzie and Telly made my stay at Marina House very enjoyable. It is a quiet spot, but very close to the sea front (I could see the sea from my room) and the décor is beautiful. I loved the open plan kitchen so that I could see Telly preparing my breakfast!
And what a delicious breakfast too. My vegetarian requirements were no problem and I was made to feel completely at home (without being asked to do the washing up!)
I would recommend Marina House to you if you are in Brighton on business but want somewhere to stay where you can switch off and relax. (They do provide free Wi-Fi too, but I didn't see it mentioned on their web site).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Brighton is dripping with Hotels and Bed & Breakfasts and I've stayed in a lot of them but none of them compare to the Brighton Marina House Hotel. It's a dream stay from the moment the owners open the front door until they wave you off at the end of your stay.

Suzie was the person that welcomed us when we checked in on 27 December 2013. She advised us of the best place to park, quickly processed our booking, gave us information about what was going on in the area that weekend and then left us to settle in to our room.

We were in room 4 which has Parisienne decor, a decadent four poster bed and a balcony with a view of the sea. The room was immaculate and completely spotless with everything we needed to hand. Suzie had left a plate of Gingerbread Men for us in the room along with the obligatory chocolates on the pillow and an additional bar of Baileys Chocolate just in case the previous gifts weren't enough. Amazing start to an amazing weekend in Brighton.

We had mentioned to Suzie what we wanted to do that weekend and as we headed out she mentioned a few places to head to for the things we wanted such as antiques, art and good beer. The Hand in Hand pub just around the corner was top of her list and she clearly knows a good pub when she sees one. A few doors down is the Brighton Flea Market which has got everything you have ever wanted and a lot of things you never knew you needed. Take your wallet but don't stress about spending too much because this place is really affordable.

My partner and I are not heavy sleepers and never expected the great sleep we had that night. The bed is ridiculously comfortable and the street was silent. Even the seagulls respected our privacy and took their squawking elsewhere for the weekend.

Finally, the breakfasts at this place are everything the previous reviewers have written and then some. We opted for the English Breakfast with fresh coffee. The coffee arrived immediately and tasted great while the breakfast was being cooked to order in the open kitchen. Telly was there in professional chef whites taking great pride in the food he was cooking. He moves like lightning and never stops smiling. When the food arrived a short time later it was beautifully presented and tasted amazing. I checked out the other dishes that he was preparing such as scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and poached eggs with bacon and they were all cooked to perfection with the recipients gushing with compliments.

I could go on about this place a lot longer but it's better that you trust the 100% rating Tripadvisor reviewers have given and book without considering any other venues. It's impossible to visit this hotel without leaving with a warm fuzzy glow and a feeling of total contentment.

Room Tip: We booked Room #4 which is the one we will request when we go back and has a fabulous 4 poster but w...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beardshaw123
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is the third time we have stayed at Suzie and Tellys palace by the sea. It was as comfortable and lovely as always. Room 4 is just gorge with it's very high 4 poster bed and its
abundance of cushions. Telly breakfasts are legendary. Suzie is a great raconteur and such a character. I hope they keep this place for years - they are so good at it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Simon C
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Recently stayed overnight with my family. The two rooms we had were totally different in appearance and I preferred the shabby chic at the front of the house. The Indian room was just a little overwhelming with the decor and, in my opinion only, did not welcome me to want to sleep in it. The hosts are excellent and extremely attentive and helpful with Tele sorting out car parking and cooking an amazing breakfast to order. Good close position to The Lanes and Brighton Pier and also several restaurants. We would return but would chose different rooms if available.

Room Tip: Front of house rooms have views to the sea from the window.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this wonderful b&b in November for my missus' birthday!! We stayed just one night however wish we'd stayed longer! The rooms are beautifully decorated and a real attention to detail!!! With a mix of old and shabby chic new!! The bed was enormous and soo comfy! The breakfast was to die for too, which is all cooked in front of you, with a huge pot of tea!!

Susie and Tele were amazing hosts and a lovely couple! They were both full of life and character and made what was a lovely stay even nicer through their warmth and hospitality!

We can't wait to stay again!!! Thank you!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VixandPete
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with my fiancée in December 2013, really glad we did!

First, the place itself is lovely, there were Christmas decorations up which really gave the place a friendly feel. Our room was great too, everything was very clean and comfortable.

The owners were really welcoming and fun to talk to, and clearly cared deeply that we had a great experience while we were there. We'd never been to Brighton before but they were more than happy to tell us about the area and recommend restaurants etc.

Both my fiancée and I had the full English breakfast which was incredible!

Highly recommended!