“Sadly the worst indian food i've had”
Review of Akash Tandoori - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Akash Tandoori
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This has to be by far the worst indian I have had. We were the only people in the restaurant and after eating the food, I realised why. I had chicken tikka korma which was awful. The sauce didnt taste of anything and was very watery- the rice was just a mush. I was very disappointed. The pashwari naan looked and tasted like none I had ever had before and not in a good way. The waiter was nice enough but I certainly wouldn't go back or advise anyone else to.

1  Thank zzaf

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I dropped in for a quick bite on a wet evening after a late day in the office. Service was reasonable, and the food was ok but not great. Price was a little bit high for the quality of food offered in my opinion.

I would go back again, but would also check out some of the many other restaurants in Brighton too.

1  Thank Codemonster
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I should have put this on immediately after our last visit but have been inspired to do so by other similar comments.
We have probably been to Akash a dozen or so times over the past 5+ years and it has got steadily worse.
Having complained a few years ago, we were given a free main course on our next visit.
But our last visit was the final straw.
The food was truly awful. A disgusting Chicken Tikka starter and two bland tasteless main courses.
Their were flies buzzing around the toilets (right next to the kitchen).
The staff seemed disinterested and uncaring.
After many years of frequenting this Indian restaurant - never again - a real shame and we have moved to another far superior one on the same street.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

been here a few times! the food is great and not too expensive. shame they didnt have kingfisher beers tho.

1  Thank Bruce1985
Reviewed May 13, 2013

As two Londoners and Indian restaurant lovers, a two day visit to Brighton was made perfect after finding the Akash Tandoori. After checking out window menus in various Indian restaurants in the same road this was by far our first choice. It looked great value for money. Although it didn't actually look open as it was very dimly lit and there weren't any other diners in there we were not disappointed when entering. We were greeted with a very warm welcome and asked our preference of where to sit. Ok so the decor is a bit shabby, but this all adds to the old school feel. Everything ordered arrived perfectly timed with charming service. All our dishes were perfect for our personal tastes and we are both of the opinion if you like things extra spicy or hot - ask for it, don't expect it and leave a bad review because things weren't as hot as you would have liked. Overall we would recommend the Akash for a relaxing early evening meal, for great tasting food and charming service all at a very reasonable bill. Only one thing let this restaurant down - the toilets, maybe a little damp. However we will definitely be returning on our next Brighton fix!

1  Thank StaceyJo72