“Wonderful weekend”

GreenLeadersBronze level
essex
“Wonderful weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

My parnter and I have just returned from a three night stay at Brighton Pavillions and we thouroughly enjoyed our stay. The room although small was very adequate for our needs and was beautifully decorated, alot of work and thought has gone in to the decoration here.
The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, this did make it slightly hard to get up in the morning, but the aroma of breakfast cooking won in the end!!
Nice little touches such as chocolate and soft drinks in the fridge added that little bit of extra specialness.
The location was good only a couple of minutes away from the sea and away from the hustle and bustle of town, but close enough to walk to and from (or a short taxi ride, but was quicker to walk rather than sit in traffic!).
The bad part - finiding a parking space, but this is no reflection on the B&B this is just Brighton as a whole, we found a space after 15 minutes and then did not move the car again until it was time to go home!!

Overall summary - Clean, friendly,comfortable attractive accomadation with a great breakfast (when Spainish student can understand, but at the end of the day he is learning the language and he is doing a far better job then I would do in his Country!)

I would definetly return here and recommend to anyone looking to stay in Brighton.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

A weekend away staying at the Brighton Pavilions for my husband and I. We had a great time. Your hosts Ken & Phill are very experienced in this business & are very friendly & helpful, but not intrusive. The house is tastefully themed and you will feel relaxed and very at home. We had the best couple of nights sleep we've had for a long time, probably a combination of the sea air and extremely comfy bed. We would have no hesitation in recommending this B&B to anyone.

1 Thank Norma T
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the brighton pavillions in the beautiful Titanic Room as surprise treat for his birthday,despite the terrible weather we had a fantastic time. The house is beautifully done, with,evey little extra you could need supplied by thoughtful owners Ken and phil ,we got so warm and cosy that we stayed in and enjoyed a few glasses of wine and the chocs that were given as a present -perfect stay thank you!

2 Thank Sueday125
Huddersfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stayed with my sister, as we were dropping my daughter off at Uni. We had a lovely time. Ken and phil were fab! Very attentive, welcoming and knowledgable about the area. The rooms were well laid out, clean, and fresh.

I would no hesitation recommending this B&B to anyone who wants a relaxed atmosphere, beautiful rooms and hosts that know what they are doing.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jayne0906
Bexleyheath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked the Brighton Pavilions because we read so many great reviews on TripAdvisor which we felt we could trust.
Ken and Phil gave us such a warm welcome and took such great care of us! As I was running the Brighton Marathon they took care of special requirements, such as boking a cab for us and organising an early breakfast which they went to great lengths to ensure I was on top form by buying porridge for me..which I am sure was the reason for my great performance!
The room was lovely and clean, and although we couldn't choose our room (as it was all fully booked) we were very happy with the choice. There was always hot water and have absolutely no complaints (apart from putting us on the top floor so I couldn't walk down the stairs the day after the marathon) :P
We intend to stay here again on our next trip to Brighton and we look forward to trying out all the themed rooms at the Brighton Pavilions :)

2 Thank Emma P
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

I had booked this hotel for myself and my boyfriend as his birthday present. It took me many 'internet visits' to decide on this B&B and we are both really glad I picked this one. We had a lovely warm welcome from the owners, who genuinely made us feel at home straight away.

We stayed in the Titanic suite which was perfect. It was warm, clean, very comfortable, beautifully decorated, light, had sea view, tv with dvd player, bath robes, complimentary bottled water, lovely shower room... shall I keep going?

This was in a perfect location - very close to the beach, and only a short stroll from the shops and many pubs and restaurants.

We had never stayed in Brighton before, but absolutely loved it and when we go back we will certainly be booking up for this lovely B&B again.

Many thanks to Ken and Phill x

Room Tip: We stayed in the Titanic Suite at the front of the building - I think that was the third floor? It...
2 Thank STFCgirlie
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

I booked this hotel as a birthday surprise for my husband after reading the many positive reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. This lovely hotel is full of character, well kept, immaculately clean and beautifully decorated. I booked a mid-week “Luxury Celebration Offer” which was fantastic. We stayed in the Titanic Room which was completely perfect, elegantly decorated and had a really comfortable four poster bed. In fact we found the bed so comfortable, we asked the owners where they had bought the mattress, as we were so impressed with it we are seriously thinking of buying one. It was such a treat to be able to wake up in the morning, put on the bathrobes provided, phone down for breakfast and within around 10 minutes be eating breakfast in the privacy of our room. Brilliant! The owners are so welcoming, friendly and helpful. I had mentioned in my booking that the trip was for my husband’s birthday, and when we arrived, there was a box of chocolates and a birthday card for him in the room. It is nice little touches like this that make this special hotel even more special! The only thing I was disappointed about was that we were only there for two nights – we could have quite happily stayed a lot longer!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple