“An independent gem of a cafe....”
Review of Moksha Caffe

Moksha Caffe
Ranked #222 of 1,154 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Located in Brighton just near the train station and the trendy north laine area is where you will find us. We are an family run independent café dedicated to providing you with the best possible café experience.We serve up our own blend of coffee roasted in Sussex, Breakfast & Brunch as well as freshly baked cakes.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“An independent gem of a cafe....”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I tire of the coffee mega-chains taking over London road / Preston road - and retreat to Moksha to regain my faith in the independent cafe ventures.

It's a large, airy space - with lots of tables and comfy sofas at the front. On sunny days the front windows retract fully and tables and chairs are put out on the pavement, which is nice. I've only eaten the toasted sandwiches (nice) - not any of the other food. Impressed to see lamingtons on the counter last week - also home made, I'll definitely try them next time. Wide selection of hot drinks and great iced coffees (three different styles).

You get 30 mins free wifi if you make a purchase.

Sometime the staff don't seem too happy, but they're never rude to me - and since their coffee is great, I can overlook this aspect.

• Visited August 2012

Hove, United Kingdom
“Good coffee and cakes - hot food could be better”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Excellent coffees and teas - a really good range of Tea Pigs bags, including Matcha. Cakes of all varieties excellent - as are cookies, biscuits, especially anything of the oat variety. The yoghurt and granola at breakfast time also tasty. Quiches OK - a little salty (I've had them several times) and accompanying salads limited in scope and variable in quality. Hot food could be so much better. I've always found the staff generally very welcoming and cheerful - although one or two can briskly have their off days. But I like this place for coffee, for tea and for cake.

• Visited August 2012
“Bad customer service”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I took my mum here for a coffee and the staff member couldn't even muster a smile .
I unfortunately left my bag behind after leaving the coffee shop and when phoning a short while later ( bearing in mind I'd just spent money there ) I was greeted by a ' nope it's not here ' when they hadnt even asked where I was sitting and only being gone from the phone for a matter of seconds .
I was sure it was there so I returned to the shop to find it exactly where I was sitting and there heart felt reply when I pointed out it has been there all along was ' we are busy you know '
Always used to love this chilled coffee shop but now feel they are top busy and rushing around to give good friendly service .

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Best in Brighton”
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

I love my coffee so i go around the many cafes Brighton has to offer. This place gets it right every time. I will be back defo, and next time to eat some yummy looking cake.

London, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere in the shop is warm with a nice decor and everyone seemed to be having a relaxed chat. The cakes were tasty, but what I liked best was that by comming here you are supporting a local independant buisness and not mearly promoting one big giant corporation. This was also reflected by the local artwork on the walls and local information leaflets on courses and sights to see. I enjoyed my visit.

• Visited April 2012