“What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday afternoon with friends”
Review of Ten Green Bottles

Ten Green Bottles
Ranked #21 of 1,209 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: You can buy to take home or choose from our extensive selection by the glass, accompanied by delicious cheeses, charcuterie and bar snacks. We hand pick the vast majority of our wines and import them directly from the vineyard. These are exclusive wines you won’t find anywhere else. We are always happy to host private wine tastings, parties or just a damn good glass after work.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

That kinda sums it up - it was a relaxed, casual yet informative afternoon tasting excellent wines - thoroughly recommend ten green bottles for anyone who enjoy wines but also open to trying something different - and they even had a spare phone charger (thank you)

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Brighton needs places like this. On high streets becoming more densely occupied with express supermarkets and chain coffee shops, Ten Green Bottles stands tall offering something a chain never could - a personal touch.

A fine selection of curated wines is available by the bottle or the glass, and the environment is a nice place to be. Great for a catch up or alternative to a noisy bar in the city centre. Service is a little inattentive though at times.

Tip: Try the house dry white Riesling.

1  Thank Steven H
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Popped in to Ten Green Bottles before goinig on to the Theatre Royal.
Had a glass of red Sancere for £6.50 and a glass of rose for £5.20 (both med glasses) and a dish of spanish almonds for £2.00 .
Was a little suprised when I paid the bill that VAT was added onto the price as there is no mention that VAT is not included.
The wine in my humble opinion was not worth £7.80 & £6.24 a glass, the nuts weren't bad though!!
The welcome and ambience of the bar was fine - would we revisit? not sure....

2  Thank Mark E
Simon B, Owner at Ten Green Bottles, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

It is frustrating to have to respond to this comment - firstly because we pride ourselves on our value and quality (our corkage policy makes us easily the best value place to drink quality wine in Brighton), and more importantly because this appears to be a simple misunderstanding - we include VAT in our prices and always have. The prices first mentioned, those on our menus, are the prices the author would have paid. I can only assume that he saw the VAT total underneath the item totals on our receipt and assumed it was being added, when it fact it merely shows the amount of VAT that was included in those prices.

I have recreated the receipt and posted as an image at the URL at the bottom of this reply to clarify the matter (a medium glass of our red Sancerre is actually £6.70). I can understand how this could be potentially confusing, but I can assure the author that the total paid would have tallied with our advertised prices. I've contacted the company who runs our till software to see if it's possible to make the situation clearer on the receipts.

As a locally-owned, independent business with just the one premises and very little marketing budget, our trip advisor score is extremely important to us, and it is therefore, again, frustrating that our first ever negative comment is based upon a simple misunderstanding. I would kindly ask the author to contact me via simon@tengreenbottles.comor 01273 567176 if they require further clarification, and to amend their comment in the light of my reply as quickly as possible.

Simon Broad, Director, Ten Green Bottles Ltd.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

A favourite of mine for a late night drink as it has a licence till midnight. Good ambience; choose between high stools or comfy chairs. Great selection of wines, knowledgable staff and plentiful cheeseboards. I've been here half a dozen times and had consistently good experiences. You cant ask for more than that.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Last Thursday I came to Ten Green Bottles in Brighton with my company and we did a Wine Tasting with Simon, one of the owners. We had a great time, relaxing and becomed more and more funny while we progressed with the tasting.
The set up is really nice, with a communal table in the center and all the wines on the shelves around the store.
The best thing is the carefully selection of wines. The owners choose them only from vineyards they have visited or people they trust in recommend. They came from Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, and much more places.
Highly recommended!