“The best bread in town!”
Review of Real Patisserie

Real Patisserie
Ranked #3 of 14 Bakeries in Brighton
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Brighton, United Kingdom
“The best bread in town!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Once you've eaten bread from here, you will never want any other! This is how bread should be made, with care and attention. I'm not sure of the exact processes involved, but I know that this bread and the other delicious morsels have been made onsite, using traditional methods. I'm sure a lot of companies claim to use 'traditional' methods, but I have never found another bread outside of France which tastes as good as this. There's a variety of different loaves and baguettes on offer (white, brown, seeded, rye) as well as fantastic croissants filled with bechamel sauce, cheese and ham. The patisserie tarts and cakes are feather-light and beautifully crafted. Thoroughly recommend.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Ghostmoth
JustinRealKT, Manager at Real Patisserie, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time so write such a lovely review. We all strive hard to produce top quality products, so it is great to hear you enjoy them.
I hope you will be back to visit soon!

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Excellent bread, coffee and quiches”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We buy our bread from here every day & it's delicious. Can especially recommend the seeded. Arrive early in the day however, as they sell out relatively quickly. Also, a much better coffee shop than "Grounds" an actual coffee shop next door.

Visited December 2013
Thank you for such praise! It's greatt to hear as our aim at the bakery has always been to offer fantastic, fresh food for the community.
“Yum”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I usually use the real patisserie as more of a shop than an eatery but the food is to die for. The chewy brown is the stuff of Brighton legend, the best bread I have ever tasted.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank steveagace
Cresse, France
“Truly, Truly Scrmptious”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Did not eat in the cafe but purchased lots of their delicious fare including a variety of Tart Tatins and other savoury delights which we ate in our self catering studio. They were all absolutely, mind blowingly delicious. Oh how I wish they would open a branch near my home! We loved the food so much the last thing we did before leaving for home was to visit Real Patisserie to buy goodies for home and to also buy food gifts for friends. My only criticism was that despite spending a great deal of money on all the goods and gifts the young female who served me was unfriendly to the point of being extremely rude and if it had not been so very busy I would have asked to speak to the Manager to make a formal complaint. At one point she even visibly raised her eyes at me when I queried whether all my items were on the counter, I was completely disgusted at her appalling behaviour but put it down to sheer bad manners and ignorance. All the rest of the staff seemed to be very friendly and helpful however! Despite being busy.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Tricia B
“Good for lunch”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This place is lovely, really good to get lunch as they make quiches, sandwiches and soups, recommended!

Visited August 2013