“The secret is out ;)”

Talk of Tea
Ranked #287 of 1,196 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Talk of Tea is the new Tea House in the centre of Brighton with the largest selection of loose leaf teas anywhere in town. You can either enjoy it in the Tea House or take it home with you. Lovely afternoon teas and a freiendly atmosphere.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

In a world awash with coffee-defined people, it's nice to know someone cares about us forgotten few.. (the tea drinkers!)
Fed up with going to cafes where the tea selection is simply tea or tea (Whilst most coffee choices are over-complicated and borderline pretentious..) I was most delighted to have stumbled into this living room - I mean tea room!
True it is very (tea)cosy, (Like being inside a small teapot or a familiar grandparents lounge).. But really who needs the non-personal landing strip offered by Starbucks when you could be sat all comfy whilst reading a book?...and that's just the tea menu.
A very friendly atmosphere to children and grown-ups alike. I've been in a few times, and each time I visit they seem to be busier and busier...which can only mean one thing....the secret is out! (The secret being that we do like a nice selection of teas. And a good piece of cake too.)
Tea-riffic.

5  Thank smileyLDay

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Tucked away in a side street off Western Road in Brighton this is a delightful tea room. The afternoon tea I had with my friend for her birthday was delicious and they have the most extensive range of teas I have ever come across! Great value and I'm definitely going back!

1  Thank familyfrost
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Talk of Tea is a cosy little tea shop with a nice, relaxed atmosphere and very friendly service. Tom, the owner, was more than happy to give us his advice and recommendations on which teas to choose - which was very welcome because there are plenty to choose from, and we noticed he did this with every table which is always nice to see. A whole range of sandwiches are made fresh to order, and all the cakes and scones are home-made by Tom (an ex-chef). There's even a mini 'book library' for those who feel like a quiet read, as well as backgammon, chess, and Scrabble boards for those who just want to while away an afternoon. Definitely worth a weekly visit from now on, and don't forget to grab your 'loyalty card' to earn free teas! :)

2  Thank Bob S
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Had a day trip planned to Brighton for my birthday and wanted somewhere nice and simple for afternoon tea with my daughter. Having done some research on the net I decided on talk of tea . Very small ,like someone's living room ,but a lovely experience. Truly recommend. Excellent value.

3  Thank racytrace
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We arrive brighton and some friends drove us to the talk of tea. Great attention and the best tea and cakes ever!!!

2  Thank wayneb761