“Tea heaven.”

Talk of Tea
Ranked #256 of 1,209 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Talk of Tea is the a Tea House in the centre of Brighton with the largest selection of loose leaf teas to be found anywhere in town. You can either enjoy it in the tearoom or take it home with you. Lovely afternoon teas and a friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I always come here if meeting friends in town or sometimes by myself. The selection of tea is great and I try someting different each time. Their afternoon tea is all homemade and really tasty and excellent value. Nice little friendly tea shop/cafe.

2  Thank Barbara H

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I don't really know why I came here because I don't like tea, but I wanted a cosy little place to sit down and have a read; this I found.

1  Thank Dave0wen
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Myself and my partner were expecting great things from Talk of Tea; unfortunately, we were sorely disappointed during our recent visit.

The welcome was somewhat cold. The guy behind the counter seemed a little put out that we had a gift voucher (even though this still meant that everything was paid for and was no freebie!) and his personal hygiene was a bit off! (not exactly encouraging our appetites beforehand!)

We had come for afternoon tea. The tea itself was nice and there was a wide selection. The cake and scones were OK (at least of reasonable supermarket standard), but the sandwiches were abysmal! The bread was soggy and limp, just like a typical 'value' brand. The cheese was of poor quality and the salmon in the smoked salmon sandwiches still had 'grey bits' visible when they were served.

The atmosphere was a little pretentious and while the 'cosy' seating arrangement had the potential to be quite sweet, this made it extremely uncomfortable.

All in all, an experience that we don't wish to repeat!

2  Thank James1830
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I spent about 4 hours at Talk of Tea today, catching up with a close friend. I love tea and tried two different types and by the time we left even my friend who is not too keen on tea was a convert. We also had some scones which were gorgeous, with cream and jam.
The atmosphere is very laid-back and cozy and service was great, we could smell some teas before deciding on which ones to try.
The prices for tea and food are very reasonable as well.
Only reason I gave it 4 overall and not 5 is that you have to go outside to get to the toilet, which in this freezing cold was a tiny bit uncomfortable.
But I will definitely be back to try more teas and relax!

2  Thank Agnes G
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Tea lovers and cake lovers will be in heaven in this delightful little den just a couple of seconds off Brighton's main Western Road shopping drag. A fabulous selection of teas, matte and other liquid delights await, plus great home made cakes. Wonderful to recover from the commerce or to sit and read.

2  Thank michaelbenis