“Friendly service, re-heated food. Be careful veggies!”
Review of Cornel's Cafe Bar - CLOSED

Cornel's Cafe Bar
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Just have had breakfast here as was around the corner from where we stayed. It looked nice from the outside (besides the two giant bins in front of windows - bot cafe fault)

It was fairly empty and we sat down on arrival and was greeted by the nice smily Ozzie girl.

We each ordered full English breakfast, one of which was veggie.

I had a view if the kitchen and watched the chef, move Pork sausages from plate to plate and veggie sausages from plate to plate as he clearly forgot what was meant to be veggie dish. Now, this is not a huge deal for the person who ordered veggie, as they are not vegetarian, just prefer taste of non meat sausages. If this was a strict veggie, this would be terribly unfair.

The portions were generous, bread was lovely, but bacon is clearly all cooked day before and reheated. Mushrooms watery. Each of us left something on our plates.

The waitress was nice. The location nice, food average.

The owner was in cafe having breakfast, which is of course no problem, but doing his business and work loudly is rather off putting when paying customers are in earshot.

1  Thank nomadlad

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have been here a few times now as this place is local to me, but I must say the service is always slow and they always mess up my order slightly.

I’ve never done some thing like this before but I went today for breakfast and the service was shocking!

First we had to wait 20min before we could get a menu even after asking for one a few times. We asked before we ordered if there would be a long wait as we had plans, we were assured we would be OK, so we ordered, our food took 40min to arrive and when it did my order was wrong! I was given veggie sausages not real ones (good job it was not the other way round) so I sent it back then when my new one arrived the bread was then wrong, I ate it any way and left as soon as we cold which was a while as trying to pay in that place is a hassle also!

Needles to say I will never be eating there again!

3  Thank jenlumper
Reviewed July 2, 2013

hi visited resturant, love it so much , i think i want it.

boss nice man.

Great food , great service, and prices ok

Toomass illvess

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have been to cornels a number of times, living in the kemp town area myself, and I must say that the burgers are an institution. Instead of a single 'line' of meat you get literally a softball size fistful of burger goodness! I would recommend the sizzlers revenge to anyone with a taste for spicy food, which not only satisfies the taste buds but also doesn't break the bank. With regards to the staff, its Brighton so if you cant laugh with them, and enjoy the overall enriching character, then i suggest you seek out somewhere commercially mundane.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had a full English breakfast in this café whilst we were staying in Brighton recently.
The service is appalling with servers walking about the restaurant like " Headless Chickens" ,failing to clear tables, failing to take orders, failing to serve orders and even failing to give bills to customers that wanted to leave.
The food is freshly cooked and tasty.
Go there if you don't mind waiting for service.