“They've gone down hill”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Tin Drum
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I used to study regularly here and from time to time come to socialise with friends. Slowly the quality started to dip. Most of the staff are quite unfriendly and inattentive. They keep changing the rules about how to order and pay and are quite rude if you don't do it just how they want. Also, the coffee is less good than it used to be and they once made fun of my accent when they thought I didn't hear them. I was a regular customer for a good year and a half and this didn't mean much to them. To be avoided. The area has several much kinder/better coffee shops on the same street.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

This is my local and used to have a great atmosphere and great food. For last 3 years the place has been going down hill and I've stopped going. Thought I'd try it out last night, as it's now the Charcuterie. Was worse than ever and the prices are as high as they were when it was good. Crap food, crap service. Such a shame, please sort this place out. I used to love it!!!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

This is one of those places that you could meet friends for coffee get lost in time and stay for lunch and then dinner!

Love the shabby chic look, mis-matched tables and chairs, walls of books, great service, wonderful food (although I only had a burger!). I love how the ambiance changes from relaxed daytime coffee house to low lighted intimate restaurant with a great buzz.

This place is suitable for all occasions, reading a book on your own, meeting friends for coffee/lunch/dinner, a business meeting, special occasion, a relaxed first date!

Reviewed April 17, 2012

The Tin Drum at Sevendials has long been a staple of the area. It then became Charcuterie and, by their own admission, no one really knew what food it served or when or who they wanted to come and eat there. That mistake has been undone and it's now serving great gastropub tyope food in a friendly,local environment. I had an enromous beeffburger there w pancetta and local cheese and onion rings on top. All the produce is local and seaonsal and they have their own farm (starnash). I love the pics of the farm and the animals on the walls. It sometmies has too many noisy kids in for me but overall this is what you want from a local gastropub.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

ok food, ok service but nothing special in any way