“Consistently good”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I'm always surprised by the bad reviews this place gets on trip advisor and other sites as I've always found the quality of the food to be really quite decent, and the price is reasonable too- maybe people are just ordering the wrong things! I always have salt chilli squid, chicken with yellow bean or ginger and spring onions and a plethora of other delicious appetizer style goods and I've never been disappointed. I always order to takeout and everything is hot and super yum, occasionally I'll get the odd freebie too so I'm not going to complain! I ordered from here when I had a few mates down and they were a bit dubious given the terrible reviews online but when the food arrived everyone was extremely complimentary and it cost just over 50 quid for 6 of us which I think is really reasonable, Give Sunny/Famous Sichuan a go if you feel like a Chinese- you might be pleasantly surprised (and if not, it's your own fault for ordering the wrong thing!)

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stumbled into this place by chance last night, and had an excellent, tasty, spicy, meal that was really good value - £16 each for as much food as we could eat plus beers. And not greasy at all. The staff are really friendly and helpful, recommending a good range of seriously spicy Szechuan dishes plus tamer ones, and bringing more and more plain rice as needed. We especially liked the special fish dish. Decor is a bit basic but clean. Handy for the station.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We revisited this restaurant last week, and I can scarcely believe that we went to the same place as writers of some other reviews - unless, perhaps, the takeaway food is very different from the eat-in stuff. We weren't able to tell what was on the takeaway menu, since the little menu-cards outside (one of which we picked up the following day) are only in Chinese. The eat-in menu is fascinating, the food not at all greasy and, despite the rather rough exterior of the place, the service is prompt and friendly. Dry house white wine is crisp and very palatable.The dining room is always busy with Chinese customers - always a good sign, and the menu somewhat quirkily reads from back to front. We shall certainly return to this gem of a place - it always makes a wonderful beginning to our week-ends in Brighton.

3  Thank Glilla
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I've ordered from here a couple of times only really because its near my house, it's okay it isn't the worst take-away i've had but last time I ordered from them it was very greasy which wasn't appetising in the slightest. If you want a decent chinese this isn't the place.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Ordered something v simple for takeaway, chicken fried rice and curry sauce x2, as soon as opened could smell unusual fishy smell and curry sauce v watered down and tasteless. My other half was so concerned about the quality it went straight into the bin. Did call the restaurant to explain our concerns, no refund offered, not that I expected, however I did explain unhappy and giving them feedback and that meal in the bin.

1  Thank highflyersj