“Very average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dig In The Ribs
Ranked #690 of 1,098 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Very average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Looked at the reviews which were mainly negative but we gave it a go as been before and enjoyed meal and atmosphere.... One meal went back tonight, a second nearly did and the service was prett slow had to keep calling them over. Atmosphere pretty bland... Not recommended

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
UmamiVen, General Manager at Dig In The Ribs, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Hi, thanks for your review. We shall definitely take your comments about the service and atmosphere on board. We hope you give us another try in the future :)

brighton
“Heard good things but disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went here with the girls on a saturday night, the place was dead! No music, no atmosphere and it was cold. Cocktails were poorly made and returned.. Mojitos were quite good. Dog bowls on the tables were a little off putting, food was served quite quickly. My main (the ranch burger) was very disappointing, cold untoasted bun, no sauce, burger too thick and just a lettuce leaf and a slice of tomato to garnish. Chips were good though :)

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hi there. I’m sorry to hear that your experience at Digs left you feeling disappointed. You’ll be pleased to hear that we are doing away with the dog bowls and our drinks menu is being updated. Watch this space, don’t give up on us :)
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible experience. Don't bother.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Our party of six went to for post night out hang-over feast. We had seen the restaurant the night before and thought it looked good. But unfortunately that's about the only thing that was even remotely 'good' about it. When we entered the restaurant there were only two others in there. An early sign of things to come. We sat down and were handed menus that were clearly years old and hadn't been replaced. When the waitress finally came over she didn't have a clue. I asked about the 'tex-mex mix' and she couldn't answer my questions. The same was true for the rest of the party.

When the food finally came (we were the only people in the restaurant at the time and it took about 40 mins) it wasn't very good. The BBQ was watery, as was the blue cheese dip for the wings. The wings were over cooked and flavourless, the ribs were gristly and the dry rub that had been used was very poor. The onion rings were clearly out of a packet from Iceland. The tortilla chips in the 'tex-mex' mix were hard. The ones you get for 19p at Sainsbury's are nicer. The only thing that I actually enjoyed was the corn on the cob. If I'd have known that I'd have gone to a veggie restaurant.

All in all it was poor. Very poor. The fact that we actually paid annoys me. We were maked right off. Don't waste your time, money or stomach space. Should have gone to The Globe.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank r7obf
Very sorry to hear your experience was not up to what you expected, it does not sounds anything like what we aim to deliver. I’m very disappointed to hear about the service you received, it is something that we have been actively trying to improve by introducing more training for our staff. I am also sad to hear that your group did not enjoy their meal, if you had let us know we could have done something to fix it.
“Mediocre food, terrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Having just returned from a trip to America, we quite fancied a steak and ribs style meal. I has been to Dig in the Ribs a few years back and it seemed quite good. What a difference...

The service wasn't unpleasant but it quite quickly became apparent that they waiting staff were totally disorganised and several people asked us the same questions about drinks and our order.

A couple of people had the ribs and the other 2 had a tex mex platter for two. The food came out hot, but on cold plates so it didn't stay hot for long. I ordered more drinks which didn't arrive until I asked again.

No one asked if we wanted desert, eventually we ordered one each. The fudge cake was really poorly presented with squirty cream on the side of all the deserts, no option for ice cream or custard. They all looked they had come out of the freezer, apart rom a fried banana pancake dish that one person ordered which contained a 4inch length of wooden skewer in one of the roles, but not the other. We complained, they didn't offer to refund but did ask if she wanted an alternative, they took so long to arrive we didn't bother.

By this time we notice that other tables were annoyed, one couple left after the cocktail they ordered didn't materialise.

When the bill arrived, they had put 10% service charge on, I had them remove it before we left.

In conclusion, the food is FAR better at similarly styled places like Foxy's in Hove or The Worlds End on London Road which is fantastic. They people who run this restaurant have no idea how to cook this type of food or organise the service. Stay away!

1 Thank Teddy_ward
Thanks very much for your review. We are very disappointed to hear about the poor service and presentation of food your party received, we will be taking prompt action to rectify the situation.
Portsmouth
“Dog bowls on the tables???”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Bit late writing this review, my fiance and I were on a weekend away in Brighton in Nov 2012, he really fancied ribs and suggested we go to this place as it was close to our hotel & we'd walked past earlier on in the day.
FIRT OF ALL when we were shown to our table I noticed there were DOG BOWLS on every table, yes, a DOG BOWL, It actually said DOG on it! I said to my other half I didn't want the bowl on the table as it was making me cringe so he moved it and as a he did a huge cobweb and spider wriggled out from underneath- CRINGE!!!! Another couple behind us also removed their 'dog bowl' from their table- god knows why they were there in the first place.
Any way the food was very very average and like other reviewers have mentioned tasted like microwave meals- expensive for what it was, service was slow, pudding was of an out of the box Iceland variety- tip here is to avoid this place like the plague and go to Aberdeen Steak House which is a few minutes down the road, lovely food there!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Jade A
I’m sorry to hear that your experience felt average, we shall definitely take your comments about the dog bowls on board. We hope you give us another try in the future.