“Amazing pub food- best I have had in Brighton”
Review of Sussex Yeoman

Sussex Yeoman
Ranked #133 of 1,139 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Gastropub, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Sussex Yeoman is two minutes' walk from Brighton station. Great locally and ethically sourced ingredients, extensive menus, wines and real ales. For reservations please call.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Amazing pub food- best I have had in Brighton”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Have been twice recently, both for their lunchtime special. They pick one dish off the menu and do it for half price 12-3 and 18.00-18.30- check their twitter or facebook to see what is on offer that day. These are amazing value as you get a full size meal which could for example be £13 for £6.50.

The food is brilliant, I had fish both times (mackerel and plaice) and it was superb both times. Well cooked and seasoned with a very nice salad and potatoes.

Beer selection isnt great but its the food that makes this place special, especially at half price.

• Visited April 2014

Varese, Italy
“Sunday Roast(veggie)”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Best sunday roast i have eaten in Brighton in 6 years and they serve til 6 so you can miss the mad rush.Highly recommend,staff friendly and food top notch,nothing else to say.

• Visited March 2014
Bergamo, Italy
“Over an hour and a half, even for the kids.”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I wouldn't return here even if it was free. My wife and I along with our 2-year-old returned to the UK from Italy to see family so there were 8 of us plus three young children. Firstly, the ordering system is hideous. It's not McD's, so why do we have to go to the bar to order the food, and get up to get drinks as and when?
In the end, after several requests to the few-and-far-between staff, our food arrived after more than one and a half hours!!! They didn't even think about bring the two children's meals first.

The icing on the cake is that the waitress was proud to tell us about our food guarnatee when she finally started to bring the food, which didn't care if it took them over an hour to serve it. We found that a lot in the UK, actually. Everyone is keen to tell you about their service but don't let the service speak for itself.

I can only speak for myself, wife, and two relatives sitting directly next to me, but the food was the wrong side of average, even without considering the wait.

Never again!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Dan S
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everytime a winner”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have eaten 4 times in the last six months. It just cannot be beaten for price and consistency of the quality regardless of the menu. Each visit has been with different friends or employees of my business and the praise has been repeated each time. An amazing find by happenstance next to the rail station. The relaxed atmosphere just doesn't prepare you for the food quality.

• Visited March 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Best roast I've had in ages!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Great pub, really nice staff and delicious sunday roast! A group of 10 of us went (you do have to book in advance) and all really rated it! The vege option was probably the least recommended of all the options. I went for Chicken (which is free range) and loved it!

• Visited February 2014