“Steak and Chips...yum”

Sussex Yeoman
Ranked #126 of 1,154 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Gastropub, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Sussex Yeoman is two minutes' walk from Brighton station. Great locally and ethically sourced ingredients, extensive menus, wines and real ales. For reservations please call.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Steak and Chips...yum”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Popped in here on a Monday night whilst on a business trip, the first thing I noticed was it was quite busy. For a Monday night this was a good sign.

I had the Rib Eye steak with the triple cooked chips. It was lovely. Steak was massive I took a photo of it but it doesnt do it justice. Plently of other meat and fish dishes on the menu which also looked good and if they tasted as good as the steak then I would like to go back.

Friendly service and I thought reasonably priced.

Visited November 2013

Newbury, United Kingdom
“Pleasant suprise”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

after ages of trying to find somewhere to eat (All the places we wanted to go to were full) we eventually stumbled upon this place about 50m up a hill from Brighton station! People running the place couldn't be more helpful and we waited only 5 mins for a spare table. Good real ale on tap and a great atmosphere as the place was full! Menu was excellent home cooked food and not too pricey, we will be back, thx

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank slikyskills
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and amazing service!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I went to the Yeoman this Saturday and had a fantastic meal. Other choices were fully booked but this turned out to be much better than where I first had in mind! The staff were fun and friendly and I had possibly the best service I've ever had in a restaurant - they overheard me telling my parents that I had proposed to my partner (and she said yes!) and so they gave us a complementary bottle of Prosecco - wonderful!

The prices used to be quite high but they were very reasonable, as were the portion sizes. When I went to Jamie's Italian a while ago the dishes were several pounds more expensive but quite a lot smaller. The food here was delicious - a really cheesy stilton and broccoli soup with lots of nice bread, then some really tasty open ravioli with goats cheese, pesto and spinach amongst other things. The meaty options looked awesome too.

I would thoroughly recommend anyone to go eat there. I would definitely go again but I'm leaving the country in a couple of days!

All in all an awesome eating experience.

• Visited November 2013
Hove, United Kingdom
“Great roast!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Make sure you book! Lovely roast, beautifully cooked. Good service, nice ambience and well located near to train station and bus routes. Will go again!

1 Thank Charlie B
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great Roast Dinner”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I went here with a friend for Sunday lunch, desite being just two of us we found it hard to find a table because of all the reserved signs. We ate at the bar in the end. The roast dinner was amazing which made us realise why so many people had reserved!

• Visited November 2012