“Delicious food”

Cuisines: Lebanese, Israeli, Persian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I went to Kambis with some work friends. The food was absolutely delicious. We all (6 of us) had different starters and shared and they were all fantastic. The mains were just as good and we had great fun tasting each other's meals. The only down side, was that they seemed to be understaffed when we got there, as there was only one woman serving but it really didn't spoil the evening. Everyone enjoyed their meal and I will definitely be coming back.

1  Thank KArcher_11

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Been to Kambi's lots of times now, my all time favorites are mix meze and lamb shish. My boyfriend though always goes for Kambi's charcoal grill, such a manly choice!

Food is always delicious and fresh, and staff is very friendly and helpful. We always feel welcome there.

Weekends tend to get really busy in there, once we came in on Friday night without a reservation and unfortunately there was no tables free. However one of the waiters offered us to go have a drink in a pub opposite the road and came to tell us when there was one free to the pub, what was really nice of him!

Kambi's gets a maximum rating from me, always fun when coming with my boyfriend or friends. Will definitely take my parents there when they come to visit.

1  Thank GretaRad
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Had a meal out with 8 of my colleagues at Kambis. Arrived early for our booking but the staff was very friendly about it and offered us a seat. The waiter gave us plenty of time to look at the menu and we didn't feel rushed at all. Got a mix of starters to share which were all fab, really tasty and just the right amount. I highly recommend the Arayes and the chicken liver! We brought our own wine, and it was very thoughtful that the host/waiter came and gave us jugs of iced water and glasses as well.

The mains came in good time. A few of my colleagues left to get some drinks and the waiters kindly kept the meal heated for them whilst they were away. The portions were generous and above all, tasted amazing! I've never had Lebanese cuisine before and i would definately go again.

Overall, food was fantastic, waiters very helpful and friendly, great service, great value for money, great atmosphere! We are a bunch of local doctors and would highly recommend this lovely restaurant. Thank you for a great evenings meal out!

1  Thank ckwl
Reviewed April 10, 2013

There seems to be a steady rise in the number of North African restaurants in the area, and that can only be a good thing. Firstly because the food is so lovely, and secondly because every new one makes the others up their game. Not that this place needed much improvement, as it can certainly hold its head high. We have recently tried several competitors within a very short space of time, making it easier to compare.
The staff were friendly and attentive without being overbearing. They explained the menu (and specials) carefully and patiently, and were very relaxed and eager to share their knowledge. Lovely to see such enthusiasm. The food was delicious. Full of flavour and we couldn't help sampling each others choice. We were there on a reasonably quiet night, so the atmosphere wasn't buzzing, but the place has a nice relaxed ambience and we will undoubtedly go back. We have recommended to several people, each of whom have been - and they loved it too.

1  Thank timmy9765
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I went on a Thursday night. The atmosphere was very relaxed.
The service was excellent. Our host/waiter put loads of effort into making sure not only that we were comfortable and happy with the food but also entertained throughout the evening.
For reasonable prices, we were given very generous portions. I chose the three-course set menu, and by the time dessert arrived I couldn't eat no more. The flavour-quality was very high though, so there was no compromise.
It was my friend’s birthday. In addition to keeping his cake in the fridge and serving it at the right moment, the staff presented him with a baklava with a candle in it, and played birthday music on the stereo.
We took our own alcohol but there was no corkage charge on the bill.
The music played was funky all night.
I highly recommend this restaurant, and will be returning again. Thank you KAMBI'S.

2  Thank JerryDisco