“Great food with a great view”
Review of Coast to Coast

Coast to Coast
Ranked #355 of 1,189 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Brimming with sunny stateside charm, Coast to Coast offers hearty flavours from across the breadth of North America. Timeless favourites include New York-style calzones, succulent Kentucky wings, and premium burgers made in house. A speakeasy-style bar is lined with low-lit lamps and polished brass, whilst the sounds of Motown and classic American rock songs seep through the dining room. During the summer months, a covered al fresco area offers laidback outdoor dining.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Really good food, milkshakes and cocktails. Excellent customer service and good atmosphere. Will be returning on next trip to Brighton!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Excellent atmosphere and the customer service was 5* nothing was a problem.

I am a fussy eater and vegetarian and found the menu limited for me but our server Tom was very helpful. My husband said he couldn't fault the food.

Would recommend for groups of friends.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

On the night we went they had run out if most things we ordered to I can't really judge the food because I had to eat things that were second choice.
However, all the staff were very friendly and most apologetic.
I guess if you want fast food in the Marina this is probably the best one there.

1  Thank MichelinTom
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We've been to this restaurant lots of times and it never lets us down. Went there for my birthday , had a couple of new dishes ( roadside sliders and bbq board} both delicious. The cocktails were gorgeous as always and choc brownie dessert to die for !!!!!! Wonderful , friendly service from the manager Paula and her team. Thanks for making my Birthday special , we'll be back soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I can't eat gluten, so what impressed me straight away about Coast to Coast was that the allergy info is easy to locate and download from the website – I saved it to my phone as a PDF ready to reference when I got there. They make a point of asking you to tell your server whether you have any allergies or intolerances when you arrive, so I mentioned to the waitress right away that I couldn’t eat gluten and she said that was no problem at all.

After arriving and being left waiting for an unusually long time (they weren’t that busy, so I’m not sure what was going on there) our waitress Kasia was absolutely amazing throughout the night. She was friendly, smiley, chatty and attentive – I absolutely couldn’t fault her. She made an evening of fabulous food even more enjoyable!

I went in for a full-on meat-fest right from the start. I chose the slow-baked ribs (£7.45) as my appetiser, a half portion of BBQ sauce-slathered ribs served with homemade coleslaw. For the main I ordered the 8oz Casterbridge steak (£21.95), described as “the best steak we do” served with fresh rocket, tomatoes on the vine, homemade slaw and sweet potato chips. I’d usually go for red wine with a steak, but it was a beautiful sunny day so I opted for the house Sauvignon Blanc instead (£5.65 for 250ml). Not half bad for a house wine, I have to say.

The ribs were absolutely to die for and I’ve never had a cut of rump that’s as lean, thick, juicy, and melt-in-the-mouth as this one was. What’s more, I asked for it rare and it came out absolutely perfect. Top marks for that. The sweet potato chips were crunchy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside – they had a gorgeous flavour and made a really nice change to the usual skinny potato fries you tend to get with a steak.

I was hugely impressed with Coast to Coast. For a chain restaurant the atmosphere was great, the service was fantastic and I’d go as far as to say that my food was faultless. We also had a Marina Card which meant we got 20% off the food bill. Even better! This place is like a far classier version of TGI Friday, with much better food. I cannot wait for my next visit – I’ve got to get another fix of that steak soon.