“Great little salon with friendly staff”
Review of Beauty Republica

Beauty Republica
Ranked #12 of 42 Spas & Wellness in Brighton
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great salon with offering a wide range of treatments by friendly staff. Will be going back and would recommend to others.

1  Thank Gale66

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Have been going to Beauty Republica for 18 months now and have decided that I have given it enough attempts to try to get comfortable with the place. Generally the staff are ol and unfriendly and every time feels like the first time. Even with the offers it still feels expensive when you are show to one of three cramped cold basement treatment rooms, which all look in dire need of some paint, decent furniture and a really good clean. I am not certain that staff use new towels for each client as they always use the ones that are already on the bed and don't remove them afterwards.
Finding somewhere to park is a a real chore too, so it would be very helpful if staff told you how long your appointment would take and stuck to that time so you would not be there worrying about your parking meter. A shame as the work of most of the beauticians is good, but clearly the company is more interested in turning a profit than offering a decent salon experience. Glad I will not be going back, even though finding someone new and getting to know their work and standards is quite tough.

4  Thank Cassandra M
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I thought I would treat myself to a manicure so I booked one in, when I attended the salon the staff were terrible unwelcoming and the atmosphere felt like they had all had a row or someone had been murdered minutes before I walked in! I was taken down to a dark little waiting room down stairs, where I sat waiting for someone to come and get me. 10 minutes later a beautician came down the stairs walked straight past me and in to the kitchen straight back up the stairs with not even a smile or a "we won’t be long", after thinking..."I may just leave" one of the girls came down and said follow me walking up the stairs. Once back upstairs you could still cut a knife with the atmosphere. I had to push a conversation with the manicurist to make it feel less awkward as other girls stood round looking out the window at passersby! Once the manicure and polish had been done I was more than happy to get out of there quick! I paid and left the salon, my nails had nail polish around my nails on my skin and all under my nails, I could have done a French polish better myself! The atmosphere was awful the manicure was awful and the customer service was atrocious, I will never be visiting Beauty Republica again, which is a shame as they do have some great offers on and the decor looks great. I think the reviews previously give are clearly the salon staff as I have heard so many bad reviews about this place and the people who have left the reviews have only ever left one review on trip advisor and surprise surprise it is about Beauty republica!

2  Thank Purpleflower84
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I needed a top up tan after my winter holiday one was fading, I was able to book this easily and received an excellent service from the pleasant staff. I have no hesitation in recommending this salon for tanning and hope to try a few more of the treatments in the near future.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

I had a pain free leg wax and acrylic gloss nails done over two weeks ago. My nails are still unchipped and unmarked. They look as good as new! Very professional and friendly. I highly recommend. 10 out of 10 for a fantastic experience!

1  Thank ChelseaRudwick