“busy Italian restaurant good service”

The Brasserie Pizza Pasta
Ranked #514 of 1,133 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Alcester, United Kingdom
“busy Italian restaurant good service”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Good value offers on meals including bottle of wine
Excellent minestrone and cannelloni. Quick service

Visited February 2013

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Nice Furnishings-Average Pasta”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We visited the restaurant as part of a groupon offer and I am pleased we had this discount voucher as I do not believe the food would have represented good value for money, especially when comparing it to other eateries around Brighton.

My wife and I had 2 different pasta dishes. I had the prawn, garlic and chilli dish which if I am to be perfectly honest wasnt very garlicy and was certainly absent of chilli. My wife had a tomato pasta dish and we both agreed that we felt both dishes were perhaps pre cooked and re heated upon ordering. Another mutual observation was that the portion size was not big enough. The children however, both had delicious pizzas for which they were both happy.

The service charge totalled just short of £5 on a total bill (inclusive of service charge) of £14.95 which is perhaps a little steep.

I can not fault the furnishings of the place, and the atmosphere was good.

If the

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Wes_meredith
Global
“Fair enough”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I took the £7.95 two course lunch deal which is available all afternoon till 5pm (£9.95 after 5pm). To their credit, the lunch price was still available at 4.55pm when I walked in. I can't claim that the food was particularly thrilling but it was as good as one could hope for the price, with tasty sauce and ample salad garnish. Staff seemed perfectly pleasant and the front windows of the main building give very nice views down a garden square to the sea. House wine at £2.75 per small glass is very forgettable but not total gut rot.

• Visited February 2013
London
“Not impressed”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The waiting staff were immature, and spent quite a bit of time messing about loudly while customers were in the restaurant.
I felt under pressure to eat my starter quickly, as one of the waitresses (with short dyed pinky-orange hair), kept coming out of the kitchen to see if I was finished, and the rushing back to the kitchen, to tell the chef that I hadn't finished. She wasn't very discreet about it, so I felt very self conscious.

The food was average. We had the two course deal that was on offer. My starter was the crab cakes (with claws), which was very nice. I then chose a pizza for my main. It was OK. Not the best that I have had.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank BSesay
“Great food, highly recommended!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great tasting Italian food and good value for money with excellent service! Greeted by a very friendly waiter, Starters arrived promptly though it was quite busy, good wine and the mains came in huge portions.

Overall, a relaxing atmosphere and an amazing dining experience. Will definitely revisit in the near future!