“One to avoid..”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Usually dine out regularly in the centre of Brighton but decided on a stroll to Kemp Town for a change. We arrived at about 6:45pm and were the only customers, so were seated quickly however less than enthusiastically.. not even a 'hello'. Ordered 2 coke's whilst we looked at the menu, they arrived in tiny glasses and were flat but that was only the beginning. As it was the first time visiting this restaurant, I ordered lasagne on the assumption that it should be great in any Italian worth its salt. The food arrived quickly, less than 10 minutes from ordering and was piping hot. Mine appeared very greasy and wasn't very nice to look at.. like it had been microwaved for too long. So I stuck my fork in the centre and discovered it was freezing cold. I politely pointed this out and agreed to wait for another one after being asked 'What do you want to do?'. 25 minutes later I was still waiting, only one other group had entered the restaurant in this time. I walked towards the kitchen area, where the staff were congregated having a laugh. There was still no sign of my meal so I pointed out that our other meal had been finished and I wished to leave. I sat back at the table and nobody came over. After 5 minutes I signalled to a waitress for the bill. 5 minutes later I went to the counted and told the waitress and another male member of staff behind the till that I wanted to leave. He looked at me and said 'Aren't you going to wait?' I again pointed out that the other meal had been finished and we had been in the restaurant approximately 45 minutes, so just wanted to leave. He replied 'Well you'll have to pay for what you've had mate.' No apology, no offer to make things right. Quite stunned, I paid £12.75 for one below average meal and two small, flat coke's and left. I couldn't believe what had happened given that Brighton has so much choice. If you want good quality Italian food, reasonably priced, in a nice environment with good service than avoid this place at all costs. Places like Donatello's and Pinoccio's are streets ahead. I've never done anything like this before, so you can imagine how bad an experience it was to prompt me to do this. Worst restaurant experience ever and I'm still gutted I actually gave them some money.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Visited the restaurant a couple of nights ago with my family. To start off with a very beautiful restaurant looking out to sea. The food portions are ernormous, and are cooked to perfection, the right way, the Italian way! Lovely waiters who are very helpful and friendly. A very pleasant experience.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

You need a mega appetitie to eat here. The 2 course special is excellent value. Pepperoni pizza was excellent, very tasty and plenty of it. House red very drinkable and reasonably priced.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Lovely spot for a meal, staff were very helpfull and the food was lovely and at a good price.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

The food was lovely but the pizzas could have had a bit more ingredients