“Use as a takeaway, don't go in for a meal!”
Review of Oregano - CLOSED

Oregano
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This place is primarily a takeaway with a few tables, the food was very nice but the service was chaotic, the drinks menu is very limited selling red or White wine or one type of bottled beer, I don't like either and ended up with a fanta, which was brought over to me in a can to pour myself, they then tried to charge £1.99 for the pleasure, its not what you would expect from a restaurant

If your looking for a nice takeaway I would recommend, but it's not a great restaurant

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I left promptly after discovering that the pot wash was bare foot.

I was considering whether to have something simple and light (I gain weight easily) or whether to go on a crazed binge and eat till I wept. I was pondering and minding my own business. My companion, Randall, was talking about Halfords again.

Before I knew it, the pot wash lunged at me from behind a wood fired pizza oven. He was waiving his dish rag and shouting ' what are you looking at?!' It was at this point that I realised he had no shoes on and I knew that I could not stay. I gathered my umbrellas and bid him good evening. Randall followed, some moments behind me.

3  Thank Erstwhile K
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Strange electronic music, erratic service, just terrible. We waited thirty minutes for a take away because they kept getting orders wrong.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Terrible: Pizza burnt round the edges, the rest overcooked; warm beer and a hot glass; I was given a spoon to eat a pizza with. The excuse was that the wood oven burns the pizzas, and clearly nobody really cares there. Don't be fooled by the cheap prices: you get what you pay for. Never again.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

We decided to book a table and have a meal before going to a show. When we arrived (there were 4 of us) at the restaurant the table we were shown to was too small to fit us around it so we have to swap with a couple at another table.

We were given menus but had to ask call someone over to ask for drinks. When we ordered we were told that all of the specials were off.

The starters arrived and the Calamari was so over cooked it was hard to bite into so I went it back. The stuffed jalapenos were the same.

The mains to be fair were ok but not very tasty just average. The Pizza tasted like a Sainsbury's pizza and the pasta dishes were just a bit tasteless like they'd come from a jar.

The waitress was clearly under pressure and was not really very happy, in fact she was quite miserable.

It's only the fact that it's so cheap here that is earning it 2 stars and not 1 star. We won't be revisiting.

1  Thank RobandMarcia