“Nice Atmosphere & Good Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Solera D Tapas
Ranked #185 of 1,098 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Nice Atmosphere & Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Came here with my close friend for some tasty tapas. The place was quite busy but they found us a small table. We ordered a selection of dishes and all were very good. I like the fact they don't bring them all out at once (this is how traditional tapas should be!). My only complaint would be that after receiving the first dishes our server didn't check to see if we had plates or cutlery to eat the food with! Took a it of time to catch there attention but they did bring some over.

Spent a very long time after food, chatting away and they seemed happy not to rush us.
Would come back.

Zurich, Switzerland
“nice Spanish Bodega”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

We visited the Restaurant with a local friend of us on her recommendation and we were well rewarded. The Food is good, tasty, hot and creative. Maybe the kitchen is a bit too british to get a real Spanish taste.
The Location is rather small and unimpressive, it is easy to miss the Restaurant when strolling through the street.

Keswick, United Kingdom
“curates egg”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

The tapas varied in quality and taste.Some were excellent queso con miel and gambo al agillo.
Others especial infierno and tortilla de patatas were indifferent.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Visited this restaurant on a cold, wet and windy Friday evening. What a joy it was. Food was great. Some of the highlights were the baked goats cheese with honey, chorizo and for dessert figs in chocolate! It's a vibrate and cosy place. Well worth a visit.

Visited February 2014
Woking, United Kingdom
“Excellent - just check your booking is confirmed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Went here recently with friends for a birthday meal. I had booked a table in advance and given my name and contact details, so when we arrived on the evening to find the reservation not in the diary I was pretty annoyed, but trying not to show it. It is a very small restaurant, and so would be advisable to book, but luckily a table of 2 were just leaving so we took theirs. It was a bit of a squeeze 4 people around a table for 2 – luckily we are good friends.

This place redeemed itself very quickly with the food. It was fantastic, and I think some of the best tapas I have ever had. There was nothing that we didn’t enjoy and the food was very reasonably priced. We had dessert which was also delicious.

The only negative (other than the booking) I would have is that our main waitress was not particularly friendly. I was asking for advice on Cava and Sherry and she seemed rather like it was a chore to assist. Maybe she was busy, but I’d have expected more, especially when they messed up the booking.

All in all however, we had a thoroughly good evening. It had its ups and downs, but the food and ambience were great and I would definitely recommend it. I’ve given it 4 out of 5 based on the balance of good and bad parts to the evening but definitely give it a try (just make sure you confirm the booking!)

• Visited January 2014