“Nice spice”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Brighton
“Nice spice”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Beautifully flavoured food, good service and fun atmosphere. Food arrived very quickly and all the veg was really fresh and crisp. Was impressed by the menu note about vegetarian options, encouraging you to ask for fish sauce free option if required.

• Visited September 2013

Crawley, England, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My Husband and me thought we would try this place after having a day out in Brighton. We mainly went as we love Thai food and the price seemed reasonable (from £5.95 for a main dish at lunch time).

We went quite late for lunch time (nearly 3pm) so there was only us and 2 other tables occupied, the waitress was polite. We both ordered chicken Pad Thai and thought the food was DELICIOUS! Lovely flavours, seasoning, vegetables, plenty of chicken and noodles. We shall definitely be visiting this place again in the future!

Hook, United Kingdom
“Great Thai food”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place seems to get mixed reviews!?!?
Popped in here as it was busy, got the last free table, which to me is always a good indicator. And totally enjoyed the food - we just had a green curry and a king prawn pad thai, but both were really tasty, prawns especially, and honestly some of the nicest Thai food I've had in a while. Wished we brought a bottle as they don't sell alcohol, but as it was a walk-by we weren't to know.
I'd agree in the most part with comments on the service, it was abrupt but not discourteous, and it wouldn't stop me coming back for the food.

London, United Kingdom
“Not good”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Only go here if you want a MacDonalds type of Thai food experience. The waitress with the shaved head at the sides and tattoos on her arms - has no idea of customer relations.

The toliet (singular) is downstairs right next to the open kitchen door - surely contravenes Health and Safety regs. - and looked so disgusting - could not even think washing my hands in the sink as it looked like I would catch something nasty by doing so.

Our main courses were delivered to the table after only two minutes of receiving our starters. Talk about "fast food".

So, totally not a nice eating experience. Needless to say...we paid the bill...but definitely no tip!

DONT GO HERE!!!!

• Visited August 2013
“Terrible service - great food”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I went to this restaurant today and have to main comments to make: the service was terrible but the food was great. The waitresses don't look at you when taking your order, they are quite rude when speaking to you and worse of all - in my case - they didn't take my order correctly. I asked for grilled beef but I specifically asked if it is possible to have it without chilli. The woman guaranteed that it was possible (I told her I could chose something else) but when the food came it was extremely spicy. This also happened to my friend. However, the other 2 people that were with me had delicious meals...although they had to wait for almost half an hour for soy sauce. The prawn tempoura was also very nice. I believe it's just a matter of the service because If they has listened to us initially I'm sure the food would me amazing. Overall, I recommend that you try it but repeat your order so they don't make mistakes.