“Worst bar I have ever been to”
Review of Legends Bar

Legends Bar
Ranked #17 of 122 Nightlife in Brighton
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

This bar has recently been renovated, but if you think it's good then you are mistaken. Much like the other reviews I can confirm that the management are terrible, door staff heavy handed, glasses dirty and Infact the floor sticky. The only upside to this bar is the cabaret on offer but there are many other decent bars offering cabaret in Brighton. Manager reminds me of my baby son, throwing a tantrum all the time and since the owner isn't with it so much now, has a full run of the place. This bar isn't what our scene should be about, I feel let down.

9  Thank JCraw12

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed in brighton with a friend in June 2013 and out of all the bars we visited this had to be the most relaxed and welcoming. We had our first pint of the weekend there on arriving to brighton and before flying home to ireland we got breakfast there which was brilliant.

The bar staff were very friendly and efficient. The weekend we were there we were lucky as the sun was shining so we made the most of the patio / terrace during the day time.

Just a great atmosphere overall and my favorite of the 5-6 bars we tried over the weekend.

1  Thank Ger F
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Back in December the door staff manhandled me out of the bar when I said 'Oh no, not another one' when I saw a second naked waiter doing some kind of drinks promotion. I was certainly drunk but they could have ASKED me to leave if my behaviour was troubling anyone. Whatever, I can handle that but a well meaning anonymous stranger called the police to report them and the police gave me a '27 Direction to Leave' on the basis that I would suddenly turn into some kind of violent monster if I stayed (I only hit dance floors, never people). Whatever, why would I want to stay? Well, because my bag was left unattended in the bar. The police ignored my requests for them to get my bag back and arrested me for failure to comply.

The club ignored my requests for CCTV footage until they had destroyed it and one of the security staff has given the police a statement saying that I was aggressive, loud and unpredictable - exactly the wording used to excuse using excessive force to remove people using physical force without warning (assault).

So, enjoy your nights out, but Legends have carte blanche from Sussex Police to assault you if they wish to and the police are prepared to arrest you just to leave you in no doubt where you stand.

PS. Any witnesses, please get in touch with Sussex Police.

8  Thank The_Abused
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had a great evening in Legends bar watching the fabulous Lady LaRue. We really enjoyed her singing and boy did we laugh at her witty banter! The bar staff are just lovely and this seems to set the atmosphere. I would recommend the bar and the show to anyone who likes a good fun time. There's a really good mix of people at Legends, I can't imagine that there's ever a dull night. However, if you take yourself too seriously this may not be the place for you....

Reviewed April 29, 2013

me and my partner walked past on our way back to drakes hotel on Saturday and thought we would pop in for a few drinks, absolutely loved it, service great and atmosphere fab. will defo be back when next in brighton