“Jamie's little jewel”

Recipease
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Recipease! This is a special project close to my heart. For a long time now, I've wanted to create buzzing little community hubs where people can really get involved with food. There's something for everyone at Recipease. Whether you're a complete novice or a seasoned pro, you can come here to ask questions, learn new skills, get inspiration and try some really fantastic food. We've worked hard to get beautiful ingredients into our dishes and you can see the guys in the kitchen making our meals to go, fresh every day. So come in, do a lesson, grab a great dinner to take home, or just nosy around, and get inspired. This is great food made easy, for you. - See more at: http://www.Jamieoliver.Com/recipease/about-recipease/#sthash.VXHohqiO.Dpuf
Reviewed November 28, 2012

In the midst of the Western Road shops in Brighton is Recipease where you can buy kitchen wares, have a snack/meal watching the Chef preparing the food or observe groups attending classes to improve their kitchen skills......
The food is fresh and beautifully presented. The menu is limited. A wine list is available. The staff are wonderful particularly on this last visit I want to compliment Peter C who was charming and attentive, really good service!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

i went there for a cooking class (pasta), which was very well done, organized and so helpful! after that i've went there for brunch, both times it exceeded my expectations and you get heaps of food! very good value for your money and friendly service!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

A mixture between shop, cafe, open kitchen creates a vibrant and modern feeling. The menu is quite small but the quality of the food very good. We had the pork belly which came with a wonderful apple sauce. The bread would have been better properly toasted and the salad was a bit tired - but that;s forgiven as we were the last in before service finished for the day.

All in all a good experience!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Met the family for brunch at Recipease on Saturday. I had a Croque Madame which was particularly good; ham, cheese, spinach, an egg, mustard and all on a big piece of crusty bread, a real filler and great value at under a fiver. Meanwhile, the kids opted for a 'stack of pancakes' at just under a wallet-emptying £8! which I think is a bit steep for three of the smallest pancakes I've ever clapped eyes on! Aren't pancakes made from flour, sugar, fat and water? Hardly expensive ingredients, but at these eye-watering prices, the pancakes should have come with a free gift! I can't and won't fault anything else because we all had a really good time but I really think that Mr Oliver should take a look at his prices which appear to be a little at odds. I'm getting used to sitting with strangers too; perhaps the table shortage is to blame!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We ate here for brunch on Sunday and it was great.

The food was cooked in front of us at the open kitchen and was very good - not your usual fry-up.

My ate had diced avocado on toast. I had an "english breakfast" but it had chorizo sausage, spinach, poached egg and some some crisp toast.

Our bill, for two of us, came to £22 which meant it was way better value than the average hotel breakfast that we might have had instead and been charged £15 each for.