“Lovely food, lovely service, lovely price!”
Review of LangeLee's - CLOSED

LangeLee's
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Breakfasts are big at the moment, and I don't just mean in terms of the size of the plate! Everyone seems to be offering them and so many can be hit or miss. Fortunately LangeLee's is most definitely a hit...and in fact probably just became Brighton brekkie of choice, which is no mean feat!

My girlfriend and I both had a Langelee's Breakfast and coffee. The first thing to say is that the place is lovely and light and breezy. There are no frills, but it's clean and feels very relaxed with a friendly vibe. This is definitely in part due to the lovely staff. We were both very impressed with not only how quick we were served, but how thoughtful the staff are...having finished our glasses of tap water, we asked for another and were brought a jug as this 'may be a better option'. We both commented about how that was something that was just so above 'the norm'!
The coffee is delicious and has just the right kick with the great taste.

Then the breakfasts arrived. They have good quality eggs, bacon, sausages and bread, which are the key factors. There was no grease, and everything had a great flavour. I also had some black pudding, which can end up either crumbly or overcooked, but again, this was well cooked and bursting with flavour.
The price of £5.50 is an absolute bargain...and there may be cheaper breakfasts in that area, and even a few doors along, but they are not as good, rest assured!!

On the whole I can't fault anything...I haven't given it a 5 because I intend to head back and have the South African breakfast, and if their Boerewors sausages are as good as everything else, I will give it...but I will return and return, no fear there!

Also I should note, that while we may have sat inside, they do have a secluded little garden that is probably worth a look on a more pleasant day...

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic food, cooked to perfection, served with a smile and very reasonable prices! What's not to like.
The cafe has a South African flavour to it, Mrs Balls Chutney and Monkey Gland Sauce also a South African breakfast, I'll try that another day!
All in all a lovely breakfast and definitely worth visit!

1  Thank StefanoBrighton
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Such a great cafe! The food is very good and really reasonably priced. The surroundings are pleasant and clean. The staff are really friendly and the service is excellent. Defiantly a hidden gem, so glad I discovered it. I highly recommend you get yourself down there! :)

1  Thank Amellia99
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Couldn't recommend this place highly enough. A welcome relief from the many greasy spoons found around the London road area. Everything from freshly cut toast & marmalade to a home cooked roast with all the trimmings. Value for money is an understatement. And if you can't find what you want on their extensive & very tasty breakfast menu then you shouldn't be there.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Open on new years day near London road. And it was a massive lifesaver.

British cuisine with a south African twist in one of the warmest and friendliest atmosphere's in Brighton. And the breakfast was delicious and great value to boot. Five stars.

1  Thank Daniel_gilbert_uk