“Excellent cafe”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is not a fine dining restaurant, but it is probably the best cafe in Brighton.

Excellent value for money - example on my last visit: Eggs Florentine plus a coffee (with a biscuit) for under a fiver! Good, friendly and prompt service. Clean, pleasant surroundings.

The area its in (York Place/London Road) is not the best, but its well worth a visit.

LangeLees, Owner at LangeLee's, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Thank you brighton traveller2 for your review . It is always nice to hear such positive comments when we work so hard , its because of customers and comments like this that make it worth while. When we first saw this premises we did question the area but we looked past that and saw some potential to try and help restore some love into york place. Obviously there are others as a couple of the surrounding premises are now being taken over for evening restaurants and bars lets hope this is the start of something good. All the best Michael & Lee

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I went here for lunch with a group of work friends and we were very impressed with the value of the food. It was all good quality but at very low prices for Brighton. The service was polite and helpful and the atmosphere was ideal for lunch with friends.

LangeLees, Owner at LangeLee's, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Thank you brianthecow for your review of us at LangeLee's its always good and reasurring to hear that we are doing things right as we only want to try and give the best. Our atmosphere is because of our fantastic guests. Regards Michael & Lee

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Love LangeLee's. Great breakfast (and very good value), good coffee, delicious shortbread biscuits and fantastic service.

Disappointed by the eggs response below too (and the only reason that I haven't given them 5/5.) Come on guys! There's no real need to get battery eggs these days and especially not on a cost basis. Everyone needs to be a bit more responsible about where they get their food including restaurants/cafes.

2  Thank worthyness
LangeLees, Owner at LangeLee's, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear Customer,
After much demand from you ,our customers we have decided to change our eggs to free range.After 2 years of servinfg standard eggs we did not realise this to be such an issue.We are very proud of our breakfasts and the food we serve @ LangeLee's that's why we have only used the best products you can get i.e heinz beans and ketchup,smoked bacon and premium cumberland sausages to name a few.We are now reviewing our eggs , bread and juices to bring up to the quality of the rest of our products.As of Fri 28th Dec we will be using free range eggs, Fresh uncut bread from the bakery which will include granary and we will be serving only fresh pressed juices.Obviously the better the quality the ingredients the more you do pay so i the new year we will have to slightly increase a couple of our prices to compensate for these ingredients.As we always tried to remain well priced in this market , these prices will only be the difference in what we pay but i am sure you will agree this will be worth it. We would like to think that you would give us another chance as we do care what our customers think and about the food we serve @ LangeLee's as any off you that have meet us know we do care about our business.Many thanks for your feedback.Lee & Michael

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I go to Langelee's at least once a week, every week. Although you're spoilt for choice from the menu, the South African breakfast is my absolute favourite, and in fact the best breakfast I've had in a very long time. The food is absolutely outstanding as well as the service. A very friendly atmosphere. I would strongly recommend to anybody and everybody to pop in to Langelee's and give their menu a go. Well done to Langelee's and all the best for 2013.

1  Thank Pearce J
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I hadn't been to Langelee's for a few months and thought it high time to treat myself. I was not disappointed. A fantastic service as always with friendly staff who are willing to chat but understand if you want to be left alone and read a paper. I received really fast service and the shortbread biscuit with the tea remains a ovely touch.
When my meal arrived I could't wait to jump right in. Outstanding sausages, tasty bacon, gorgeous mushrooms, crispy hashbrowns, and nice buttered toast.
As a great fan of a fry up, I have visited most of the places in Brighton that offer it. While thereare a few reasonably good places, there are more than enough diabolical ones. Langelee's outshines them all. If your a burger lover I would also highly recommend their burgers (with extras from the breakfast menupiled on top).
All in all a singularly outstanding place to eatI have recommended to everyone I know.