“service with a smile”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2013

good food and great service. not the cheapest and I do think that the portions have got smaller over the years. However if you want a curry in Patcham to dine in then I think this is the best place to go.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

A very quaint and oak beamed Indian restaurant on the outskirts of Brighton. Free parking right outside the restaurant. We were coming from London to Brighton and stopped here for a quick meal. The waiters took this on board, so we were served very efficiently. It was a shame we had to hurry, as the food, i.e. chicken shaslik, was so good, freshly made, hot plates and very tasty. Definitely a restaurant to return to. Just one small criticism, the ladies toilets could do with a freshen up of paint.

2  Thank Jeannette A
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is a great looking restaurant, full of character and in a very picturesque part of Brighton. Our family had wanted to visit it for many years and finally we got around to it. I had a prawn puri to start which was delicious and I really enjoyed it. It was when my main meal arrived that I became disappointed. I ordered a chicken tikka masala (predictable I know) and I should point out that this is the dish I always have whenever I go for an Indian meal. Consequently I have tried many variations of this dish and this may sound harsh but I think this was the worst one I've ever had. I will say quickly that everyone else enjoyed their meal and would like to go back (they had different dishes). The examples of CTM I have enjoyed the most have always involved the chicken being cooked in a clay oven. When I took my first bite I knew straight away that this had not been done as the flavour from the clay oven is so distinctive and the main reason I always pick this dish. I had read a couple of reviews on Trip Advisor that said the food was bland but had ignored them as they seemed to be one offs rather than a trend. If the sauce the chicken was in had been good then I may have been able to overlook the lack of flavour in my CTM. Unfortunately 'bland' was absolutely the right word to use to describe the sauce which is usually quite flavoursome and rich.

I was so disappointed, I only ate half. I think my family would go back and I might try it again bit I most definitely won't be having the CTM again.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Visiting Patcham and looking for a venue for a family meal we decided to give this restaurant a try, the restaurant is nicely situated and pleasantly furnished, the staff friendly and helpful the menu was comprehensive and the food spot on, whatever anyone else comments on we all enjoyed it and at the end of the day that's all that is important.
Would we go again, yes, would we suggest you go, yes

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Went here on a number of recommendations after struggling to find a decent Indian in Brighton. But it was just another average restaurant. We were in on a Friday and it was extremely crowded with tables so close together there's no hope of a private conversation.

Service was fine - nothing outstandingly good or bad.

The food was... Ok. Just ok, nothing special, tasting much the same as the majority of bland curries everywhere. As something of a curry connoisseur, this place is nothing to write home about and certainly not worth the trek to Patcham.