“Fantastic!!”
Review of Little Bay Brighton - CLOSED

Little Bay Brighton
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Little Bay Restaurants have been offering high-quality Modern-European cuisine for very reasonable prices since its creation in 1992. With a selection of starters, mains and desserts, as well as a comprehensive wine menu, Little Bay has everything for everyone. Their opulent décor, professional service and sophisticated yet relaxed atmosphere provides the perfect dining experience. Their flexibility and professionalism will allow you to choose how you want to enjoy that experience.
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We visited Little Bay after reading the reviews here.
I have to say that we had a fantastic evening! We were seated in a balcony box which overlooked the whole restaurant. It felt quite exclusive. The staff were attentive and explained the menu and wines.
We had pig cheeks and crab for starters. Both were delicious! The pigs cheeks was big enough to be a main course. We both had ribeye steak which was really tender. It was served with chips which were the best I've ever had in a restaurant.
There was jazz music playing which really added to the atmosphere and then at just after 8pm we had live opera singing which was fantastic!!
We will definitely return to Little Bay when we are next in Brighton!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

This used to be an inexpensive restaurant with good service and good food. Went last night for birthday party and they were obviously overbooked. People everywhere and staff running around. Waited ages for food, had burgers mostly and everyone had to send back as they were stone cold. When they came back just luke warm they had been well over cooked . They gave is some free wine to make up but birthday had been spoiled. I think you are getting a little greedy Little Bay and packing too many in. Even opera was not good last night. Very bad experience not to be repeated.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Really nice restaurant located right on the seafront with influence of French cuisine.
Ostentatious decoration which draws heavily on the Baroque style, box seat, red curtains, golden moulded plaster, electric lighting that dimmed to darken during performance or any surprised from the restaurant´s staff towards the birthday customer.
Concerning to the service is extremely kind and take care of customers truly worried about please us.
The menu is great value for money not mentioning that the performance is included in the total price.
We went on a Friday and the live performance that day was Opera Mayhem whose Opera singer was really funny interacting with all the tables and playing with customer, cheering us up. They have also other performance like jazz, cabaret depend on the day.
Go back to the menu we chose the three course meal from the set a la carte menu and I must say that the food was scrumptious and well presented. This was my second time there and I can say the dishes I tasted were outstanding specially duck leg and backed filled mushroom and in addition were a very good portions.
So I highly recommend this restaurant to go with friends and have fun or for a romantic dinner with your couple, the service, the food, the portions the live entertainment the atmosphere is fantastic !!. Great value for money.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

As a local I was quite sceptical about visiting a tourist seafront restaurant on a Saturday night and ... featuring an opera singer!!! Well.. it certainly exceeded expectations... the staff were great...the food was great, amazingly good value, good choice and well cooked. There were 10 of us in one of the 'bays' (meant to be like a box at the theatre) and our lovely waiter ran up and down stairs all night delivering food and wine and jugs of water, all with a smile. Thanks Raoul.
And as for the singing... well I won't spoil the surprise. Try it and see for yourself.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I had promised myself that I would visit this restaurant at some point when in Brighton, having been to the one in South Croydon some years back. My memory of the Croydon meal were more of the eccentric decor and novelty opera theme than of the actual food. The Brighton restaurant not only lived up to the expected eccentricity, but also provided us with a fantastic meal, good wine and excellent atmosphere at a very good price.

My starter of scallops and chorizo was absolutely delicious, and the fillet of beef I chose for my main course was truly perfect. My husband also thoroughly enjoyed the fish he chose.

Everything was cooked to perfection, the basic bottle of house red was very drinkable and incredibly good value, and the live singer was entertaining, witty and musically very good too. I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

We were there on a Tuesday night in January, so it may be much busier at the weekend and in the summer, but it would be worth booking in advance.