“Good food”

Ranked #229 of 1,209 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Roll up! Roll up! Conventionality stays at the door ladies and gentlemen if you are to enter the Lanes' newest, absinthe inspired wonderland of the weird and burlesque. Prepare to indulge all six of your senses in a 21st century gin palace that celebrates Brighton at its bold, bohemian best. Our policy to embrace the things most of us find bizarre makes The Mesmerist experience full of surprises. We look to the dark arts for inspiration and mystery for our ever-evolving entertainment program. With this in mind we ask that you become a part of our experience and enjoy what we have coming up, be it live music, burlesque, walkabout theatre, circus arts, magic or more. Join our mission to support local artists & keep something good & different alive in the Brighton lanes…
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We went for lunch over the sunny bank holiday and sat on the comfy sofa outside. Great for people watching! I had the crispy hallumi sandwich and chips and partner had fish and chips. Good size portions of fresh tasting food. Would say food was good pub grub but not excellent. Good choice of beers too. Found staff friendly.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I've heard this place is always great for a night out, although haven't experienced that yet...

Although on a sunny afternoon, came here for dinner with my boyfriend. We had bbq chicken wings, a rack of ribs, chips and onion rings!

It was all fantastic, although the rack of ribs could have done with a bbq or some sort of sauce on them! We had so much food and couldn't manage to eat it all..

The staff were quick and helpful and the place has a great atmosphere.

Defenitley will be coming back!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went for lunch one Friday when visiting Brighton for a weekend. Wasn't overly busy but great atmosphere and friendly staff. Recommend the pulled pork and burger both were very good. Good drinks selection of beers in what is a very quirky establishment.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

we were there for the swing night and we had a super time. the place was packed and the atmosphere great. Hardly any wait time at the bar and the drinks were well priced.
All in All - Loved it!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I've noticed that a lot of the reviews have focussed on the door staff and I can't comment on that because I didn't really meet any.
BUT we went on a Monday night for a bite to eat - they'd run out of ribs which was a bit disappointing but my disappointment went out the window when my excellent burger arrived. My girlfriend wanted a Chicken CaesarSalad with no dressing, nothing was a problem and the food was fine...did take a while though. But excellent bar staff and friendly servers made up for that.
The real joy was that at about half nine the tables at the front were removed and a band - Flash Mob Jazz - took to the stage and they were great. Modern and classic tunes played really well and with an army of dedicated fans who danced amazingly I can honestly say it was one of the best nights out I've had in an age.