“Bad service”

JB’s American Diner
Ranked #91 of 1,124 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Huntingdon, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad service”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Me and my boyfriend went to JB's and I'm not sure we'd go back again. The good was good (when we eventually got it) but service was terrible. I myself am a waitress so I know what makes for good table service even in a diner. The girl who sat us was really rude and thankfully we didn't see her again but the girl who took our order was a lot nicer, it's just a shame she didn't really know what was on the menu. We ordered but our good came totally separately!! I got mine then had to wait 10-15 minutes before my boyfriend was served his and by the time his came mine was cold.

Would have to think twice before going there again.

Visited October 2013

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Oslo, Norway
“For the hungry”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The place is a bit worn and some seats need an upgrade soon, but that said the place has a real atmosphere of an American diner with the right furniture, music and menu. This is the place if you like burgers, fry and milk shake. I would recommend the milkshake it was excellent a bit on the expensive side but it was huge. Portions are big so you will leave the place quite satisfied.

Visited September 2013
“Fantastic end to hen do weekend!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic burgers and yummy milkshakes. Great atmosphere :) would definitely recommend. Greatend to my hen do in Brighton.

• Visited September 2013
“The atmosphere made the meal. ..”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Upon walking into the diner, I was immediately amazed by the attention to detail. everything screamed American classic.

Drinks: coke float yum
"Homemade" ice tea amazing

starter: the sharer platter.
Outstanding. Tender and flavourful chicken strips. Delicious jalapeño poppers and the biggest onion rings you will ever see (which needed seasoning and the batter was either too greasy or too doughy)

Mains:
Jumbo hotdog was delicious but the optional sauteed onions covered the entire thing - at least a whole onion on my plate. Way to many chips... There's being generous and theres being ludicrous... The only thing I managed was the hot dog without the bun and a regular amount of chips. My plate looked untouched and no one asked if it was ok.

My husband cleared him entire burger and chips with a smile.

We ordered a "must have" shake (coffee flavour) but they "must have" forgotten the flavouring because it tasted like bitter espresso with blended ice. ..

That being said the atmosphere was brilliant and I will return again and change my choices

1 Thank Chelcbun
London, United Kingdom
“Eh you could do worse”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We used tripadvisor and the reviews seemed good so we went in. We weren't sure whether we would be seated or we find a table ourselves. Well after a few minutes of awkwardly standing in the doorway and no acknowledgement we went in and found a table for ourselves. We were given a menu by a waitress that looked liked she really didn't want to be there and then left. No hello or welcome and definitely no smile.

We ordered onions rings, chicken wings, 2 burgers and milkshakes.

Our starters came and the onion rings were huge!! But we're completely tasteless, I might as well of been eating fried flour. The chicken wings were nice no complaints there. Although we were given side plates, one was still dirty. I looked around for a waitress but they all seemed to keep their head down and get through their shift. So in the end enough waiting we shared the clean plate.

The waitress came back asked if we were finished and we clearly hadn't seeing as we had food left but anyway she walked off. Ok so when we finished she came to clear the rest and the burgers came out. Well they weren't bad but not the best of burgers. I mean they were pleasant enough to eat but not worth trying to finish and being that I'm stuffed but loved that meal feeling. Plus my boyfriend asked for no cheese in his burger and his came with a nice slice of cheese.

The milkshakes were plenty but very sickly sweet I could only drink a quarter of it before it got too much and I love my sweets!

So all in all it's an "eh" kind of place, I wouldn't go back there and it's put me of burgers for awhile. All staff need to perk up a bit as they all seemed either half asleep or just wanting their shift to be over. They need to be a bit more attentive too, I had to get up and go get some cutlery as I couldn't flag down a waitress.