“Mahoosive portions”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had a lovely time at the JB Diner in Brighton last night. The staff were charming, the portions enormous and our children had milkshakes galore. Our kids were thrilled and had a ball. The atmosphere was helped by a hen party of 24 glamorous girls dressed up in fifties gear. The only downside was that I ordered a delicious blue cheese burger and then had steak envy when the porterhouse arrived for my father in law. It's my own fault. It was a schoolboy error.
We will definitely go back. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is greedy. We were in there for 2 and a half hours and waddled out at the end.

There are newer reviews for JB’s American Diner

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went to JB's for the evening meal of my stag do, with my sons & my friends - seven of us in all. The ambience was food, the decor very American diner, and the menu was pretty good. The onion rings showed promise but were fairly doughy and greasy. However the barbecue sauce served with them was amazing & we all wanted to take the bottle home. Our main courses were huge, fairly well executed, and most of us didn't finish them as we were too full. But compared to a chain like Denny's in the USA, JB's is a pale imitation. But a great start to an evening of drinking.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

American style diner, great music great atmosphere. I love the USA and so this brought much nostalgia for me. Food was oversized, which is expected, and loved the old school milkshakes, with whipped cream and a cherry. Waitresses were polite and attentive and food came quickly.
Table booths were cosy and fun, with lots of pictures/memorabilia on the walls to read while you wait. Would definitely recommend to those looking for a simple fun meal in a restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We popped into JB's for a pre-theatre meal. We all had the burgers which were delicious and there was no scrimping on the fries or the salad despite the cost (although perhaps I'm just used to London prices!)

My partner had an enormous Knickerbocker Glory and the 2 large buttermilk pancakes that came out for me were delicious. The atmosphere in the restaurant made for a great meal.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

When I'm in Brighton I always make a point of visiting JB's. The food is amazing, considering how much you get on your plate the prices are exceptionally reasonable. The staff are wonderfully friendly and frequently ask whether you're enjoying your meal. If you are to go there I have to recommend the pancakes, they are utterly amazing. The taste is amazing. The atmosphere is great, I can't praise the place enough. Loved it.