“Amazing food, great value for money!”

JB’s American Diner
Ranked #161 of 1,209 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: American, Diner, Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Myself, my boyfriend and my best friend went here for dinner on 16th January. When we arrived we were told there would be a half hour wait for a table, but we actually only waited about 15-20.
We ordered our food and drinks, and both arrived quickly. The burgers are huge, and you get a lot of fries and salad with them. I wouldn't order a starter unless you are a big eater because the portion sizes are huge!
The milkshakes are to die for, really tasty and you get another cup with them to refill your glass.
The bill came to £37 for 3 people which we thought was very reasonable.
The atmosphere and decor is amazing, and we sat in a booth which was very comfortable. The only criticism i have is that the staff were just not that friendly. They were not at all rude, and checked on us frequently, but there were a few waitresses who didn't seem to be as enthusiastic about their job as they should be.

Despite that, we had an excellent experience and we shall definitely be returning!

1  Thank Ohmyy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,142)

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner had breakfast here on valentines day. It was amazing so reasonably priced. Can't fault it will definitely return here on my next trip.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Average food, average service... If this was a TRUE American diner, the service would be flawless.

I'm not going to write a horrible review, because it's not horrible. It's a nice atmosphere and they're very accommodating. It's always busy of an evening so you'll have to book or be prepared to wait up to an hour for a free table.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Took my partner for his birthday for lunch and we both really enjoyed it! This place has got the decor/music/atmosphere spot on and we had a really fun time. Sat in a booth which was great to relax in and take in the surroundings. Had milkshakes which were incredible ! The mexican burger I had was very tasty. The portions are massive, so if I was to come back I would ask them to put less chips on the plate and maybe ask for salad, as it would be impossible to clear your plate and I don't like waste. But that is not a criticism of the food as it was very good value, just more than I could eat!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I had lunch here before leaving Brighton after staying there for the weekend, The diner was fairly full but staff found us a seat, food arrived quickly, service was excellent and we found that it was very good value for money.

Will visit again!