“Great service, great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Queens Hotel

Queens Hotel
Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
“Great service, great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Went for a random trip away to brighton for 2 nights and stayed at the queens hotel and spa, it is a luxurious place to stay with amazing rooms and first class facilities as well as great service! On arrival we were upgraded to a sea view that was just amazing! It is situated a 10 minute walk from the train station, 3 minutes from brighton pier and in all walking distances to all the great cobbled streets and fantastic shops! Will be definitely returning!
Also, the spa facilities are lovely, a calming pool in the basement with gym and sauna as well as a range of treatments from the salon of pretty people

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (590)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Queens for a weekday getaway recently and, in general, had a lovely time. Check-in was friendly and efficient, the room was easy to find and suitable for our needs, and the breakfast was served during the eminently reasonable hours of 7:30 to 10:30 am (I get so tired of checking in to a hotel only to find that breakfast ends hours before I'm due to wake up - if I wanted to have breakfast at 7:00, I'd stay home and eat before a workday).

We used the swimming pool and it was a nicely-sized, heated pool that was perfect for us. The only thing that would have improved the experience would have been a hot tub. We also noted that there was a very well-equipped gym that we could have used if we had brought appropriate clothing. Many times the "gym" consists of one treadmill and a stationary bike, if that, but here there were many different machines, mats, agility balls, weights and other useful items for keeping fit.

The only downside was that we were placed on the first floor across the street from an evening club, and the patrons were terribly loud. Triple glazing on the windows would have helped with this, but in any event, when we return (and we will) we will ask for a room on a higher floor away from the club.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from East Street, preferably on a higher floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank silentsgirl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

If you want to stay in Brighton 1 night as we did you can't go too wrong with this hotel. If your going for clubbing it is a stones throw away from the excellent Bohemia, for shopping, its a short walk into town, for the seaside, its right near the beach front.

Staff were really helpful, they were able to direct us to where we wanted to go, and answer any questions. The Fascist group the EDL were there protesting (lets not go there!) And the staff were well prepared to make sure we could get around and had paper tickets so we could get access through the police cordoned areas to get to the car safely. Very useful as we were probably the EDL's worst nightmare... a group of 2 black British born females and an Egyptian British born female lol.

Our room was huge, clean and nice decor. The room was pretty clean as was the bathroom, only thing was when I looked up in the shower the ceiling had few brown water deposits, the ones that turn to mould if you don't give them a wipe that's the only thing really other than that...great.

If you need peace and quiet to sleep I would suggest a room with a seaview, we're London ladies who had been drinking champagne all night so few early morning revellers didn't interrupt our sleep, the beds were very comfy which helped. Breakfast suited all, full English available as were fruits yougurt and cereal.

We enjoyed our stay so much my friend and I decided we'd come back with our daughters and stay this year when we have our annual summer holiday day out in Brighton as the hotel seemed very family friendly too.

• Stayed April 2013
Rochdale, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed on business. Hotel chided for location, facilities and price.
Was "upgraded" to a top floor sea view room which was spacious but had a cracked tile in the ensuite and was noisy due to the incredibly strong offshore wind that day.
Parking was busy, but I arrived soon after 5pm and I secured a slot on a side road next to the hotel, rather than paying on a nearby public car park. Be aware though, free parking on the road ends at 9am, and I watched a traffic warden pounce at precisely that time as I was leaving.
I enjoyed the leisure facilities, but could not find the sauna - better signage needed!
Breakfast exceeded my initial expectations. Can't put my finger on it, but when I walked in the restaurant in the morning, I wasn't particularly inspired by what I saw, however on selecting a plateful, I was massively impressed - one of the best hotel breakfasts yet! (and I travel extensively in the UK.)

• Stayed November 2012
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and despite being in an excellent location the hotel itself was a disappointment. The staff were friendly and helpful however our room was very basic and tired looking. It looked like it was last decorated about 20 years ago and even the toilet struggled to flush. Our room was also located directly across from a nightclub so music and loud voices were to be heard until well after 3am both nights. The breakfast is fine but basic. Overall, this hotel is very expensive for what you get. You're are really just paying for the seafront location, everything else is very basic.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Brighton hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is a little tricky to review as I actually enjoyed the room. But after a bit of thought I came to the conclusion that I searched out the Tower room because it had the one thing I wanted. A view of Brighton on a beautiful day. And that exactly what I got through the smudgy glass. Really is an awesome view point.

Onto the rest of the hotel. One word...drab.

This hotel smells old and dusty, and run down, The rooms have had a lick of paint and been slighty modernized at some point but the beaten up furniture, old matresses and single ply toilet paper take any style away from the room. The large 42inch flat screen in the tower room is appreciated. The bathroom is awful and uninviting. Feels more like a laundry really. The carpet in well worn and peeled.

Noise... I was in tower 1 (1st floor) and yes like everyone else has said its crazy noisy. I was here on a Saturday night so I get this is a rowdy night and maybe its quieter during the week.

Room service was very good, very quick, served with a smile and the burger I ordered was very good and I am a chef remember. Please not you can order beverages with no room charge 24 hours a day. This is a good bonus. They charge 3 pounds to send up food.

Breakfast on the other hand.... They should be ashamed of themselves. The orange juice was so watered down it was barely the color orange anymore. The scram was cooked in the oven and broken up with a spoon, and oh my god the sausages were all bread crumbs and tastes slightly spoiled. Worst sausage I have eaten in years....not that I ate much of it. the whole tomatoes straight out of the tin was an entertaining notion on the warm buffet... oh and the french toast tasted like deep fryer oil. yuck yuck yuck yuck. Go down grab a croissant and go back to your room. The croissants were good. (must have been bought in )

So in closing....

This is a crappy hotel in prime location. If your'e wanting a great view then pay up and know that thats all that you are paying for. The Queens Hotel will try their hardest to ensure you get the least they can give you. Which leaves me calling this hotel a budget hotel. No frill no fun, just a really great view of the blue, is this place for you?....... I wont be going back, enjoyed the view....... what else is there?....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location and our room had a lovely sea view (we had booked a sea view room). Our room was big and spacious, although it could have been cleaner. Bathroom looked tired and needed decorating. The staff were really friendly and helpful. We stayed on a Friday night and never realised that there was a nightclub, right next door so very noisy until about 3am. Breakfast was ok, not the best I've had and being vegetarian limited on choice on hot food but an ok to start the morning. Overall a good standard hotel for the price we paid.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple