“What a fantastic place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Pavilion

and up
Cycling Tour of Brighton City
Ranked #1 of 161 things to do in Brighton
More attraction details
Owner description: Rebuilt in the 19th century by architect John Nash, this building features a unique mixture of classical and Indian styles, which has been labeled as "Hindu-Gothic."
St. Albans, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“What a fantastic place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Worth seeing this place if you happen to be in Brighton. Particularly if you are interested in history.

Visited January 2013

• Turkish first
North West, UK
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Impressive building outside - impressive building inside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I paid my £10 for adult entry into the Pavillion (£1 off if you pre download their Android / Apple app, £5 for Brighton residents).
I was given a handheld device that you tapped the number displayed in each room and it gave you a very informative commentary. (Lots and lots of info ... can't help thinking it distracted me from the unique interior ... but then I didn't have to listen and remeber to all of it!)
I believe that they may have a similar tour aimed at children.
All in all very interesting and a very unique building inside and out.
£10 maybe a little steep but then I believe it is used to maintain the building, so not too bad.
I enjoyed my visit which took about an hour or so.

Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Afternoon Tea at the Royal Pavilion”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have been in so many afternoon teas in London and outside London and I must say that it was the worst afternoon tea that I have ever had. The staff was unfriendly asking us to take our cups and teapot to our table, the cups, saucer, teapots.... were very cheap with no quality china at all. I am expecting to have cheap china somewhere else but not at the Royal Pavilion. My sister paid £25.50 for 2 afternoon teas and the amount of sandwiches was ridiculous plus no variety at all (only salmon sandwiches) only 1 small teapot for 2 adults that it was ridiculous too... better do not have an afternoon tea there as it is better places to have your tea in Brighton. We went to the Tea Cosy and it was much better quality and variety on the whole.
Royal Pavilion was great so if I want to do it again, more than happy to visit again the Royal Pavilion but to pass in the afternoon tea.

Visited January 2013
5 Thank Raquel_144
Redondo Beach, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“A must see in Brighton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

What's not to love about the history of the Brighton Pavilion? A very out-of-place eccentric building, built by an eccentric King. It is a must-see attraction in Brighton, and well worth going inside!

Visited October 2012
Newbury, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wow, must be seen to be appreciated.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I so love this place, I've been 3 times and am still wow'd by it. It's good to listen to the audio guides as they are really informative.

Visited December 2012