“The cafe has gone downhi”

St. Ann's Well Gardens and Cafe
Ranked #28 of 171 things to do in Brighton
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This used to be a vibrant cafe with great food service etc.Now it's a bit dirty, food average ,staff uninterested and toilets dirty . Too many dogs here for peace and quiet.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Pram friendly, baby friendly (Breastfeeding too!), child friendly, dog friendly. Whatever you have it'll be welcome here!

We came the morning of our departure day. My aunt said she'd visited here before and didn't think much of the cafe, but after I told her it was highly recommended on TripAdvisor, she humored us. And she loved it the second time round!

We sat outside in the shade. Plenty of mummies stopping to feed babies, dog walkers stopping for a coffee and a chat. Really lovely atmosphere. Definitely sit outside if you can, inside looked a bit canteen like.

My one and only complaint is this. I had a latte (A+) served in a cup with a saucer, my husband had a cup of tea, which came in a mug with the stringed tea bag still in. The teabag ended up on my saucer. And I saw a teabag left on one of the other outdoor tables just on it's own.

Easily fixable.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

A great place to spend a sunny day. They are always clean and relatively free from drunks and drug users. There is a small cage a public toilets as well an 8 court public tennis area which you sometimes have to pay for if "court" (geddit?!)

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This little cafe is a wonderful place to go for a coffee or afternoon tea- the service is generally excellent and there are plenty of outside tables in the sun and shade to enjoy your beverages. The setting in St Anne's Well gardens is marvellous and we watched a bowling match on our last visit in the adjoining bowling club. I haven't tried the food but friends say it is excellent and I hear they have a Spanish night on Fridays which you have to book ahead for-I will try it out soon!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Visited the Garden Cafe as the final stop on amazing work treasure hunt. Enjoyed a fantastic BBQ laid on by the venue and the beautiful grounds. I'd definitely recommend a visit- particularly for private hire!!