“terrible ''ghost'' performance- came out with a headache!”
Review of Preston Manor

Cycling Tour of Brighton City
Ranked #26 of 162 things to do in Brighton
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“terrible ''ghost'' performance- came out with a headache!”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I've been to Preston Manor before and had a tour - the lady 'cook housekeeper' dressed in Victorian clothes was very entertaining and completely convincing and interacted brilliantly with her audience - we were totally tranfiixed so I urge anyone to go for one of these tours - the house itself is full of atmosphere. Beware though folks as recently we were invited to a ghost show and were really looking forward to being spooked. Based on past experience of a tour at Preston Manor we thought we were in for a treat but these performers were different - and how! I cant believe they are actors - the story they attempted to convey was muddled and confusing accompanied by a lot of noisy shouting and screaming. The kids couldnt relate what the story had been about and neither could we. Please people of Preston Manor - you have a wonderful facility and shouldnt sell yourselves short ( or us the paying public) like this. A total waste of money and time! I'll be phoning ahead the next time I go to Preston Manor to make sure this crew are not on the playlist!

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Maura R

London, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Pretty house”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

when you are in Brighton give this lovely house a visit
you will enjoy a small tour there
staff are freindly, house is realy pretty
it doesn't take long to see the whole place so it's worth it

2 Thank HistoryWoman
England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a lovely House”
Reviewed September 22, 2009

What can I say ,it's really such a loverly place to vist,it's just so homely and you can see what life was like upstairs and downstairs.The staff are very friendley and helpful.If you ask about ghost's if your brave they will tell you want has happened from years ago up to todays happenings.I was asking about such things when things started to happen,it was great, not scarry at all just fun and made the vist even more.There are gardens outside and a pet cemerety.I would tell any one to vist this loverly place,and it's very cheap to get in unlike other places like this,half price for Brighton people.

2 Thank Button5