“Could do better”

King Alfred Leisure Centre
Ranked #95 of 175 things to do in Brighton
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I've been using the pool regularly for a few months now and it just doesn't seem like the hub a swimming pool should be in a local community. I use it becssue It's so close and the only real option I have for swimming (except the sea!). It's very expensive (£4 for an adult swim) and the pool isn't great, even down to their division of lanes. I wouldn't use it for anything other than swimming as other places locally have better facilities.

All in all it feels like the owners run it because they have to. I think they also own the leisure centre in Burgess Hill and this should be used as a blueprint for improving Hove.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

King Alfred used to have bowling, pool and video games but now it's just swimming and fitness. Not much for a visitor to enjoy.

Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

I think some of the reviews for the pool are a little OTT. Changing rooms were fine and found pool clean. Accept that the slide not working and pain that have to pay for parking (not surprising given location) but generally average experience. And shouldn't forget - more importantly our young daughter had a great time!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

The recent reburbishment of the changing rooms is an improvement but I was very dissapointed with the quality of the water in the main pool which was very murky. It seems alot worse than when I went a year ago(I reguarly swim at other pools). When I mentioned this to staff they said that as far as thery were concerned it was normal. Shame, I would like to use it more.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Went swimming with family. The slide still not working . Waiting for parts still . Not good kids dissapointed