“Lovely views, shame about the pub!”
Review of Devil's Dyke

Devil's Dyke
Ranked #6 of 171 things to do in Brighton
Reviewed September 7, 2013

As we walked into this pub it was smelly and very dirty, you stuck to the carpets and we were shown to a table in the window where the sofa type seats were covered in crumbs. We decided to stay and have a drink and a sandwich. The sandwiches were strange - there were no 'normal' sandwiches or baguettes and the waitress had already said some were unavailable which left a limited choice. We decided on soup and some chips instead and my daughter had a fish finger sandwich and for an extra £1 could swap a portion of chips for some soup which she did. When the soup arrived two of us had not even half a bowl and my daughter had about 2 inches in the bottom of the bowl. The waitress said this was all she got for her extra £1 as it was a smaller portion! A short while later she returned with a full bowl of soup and said the chef had said she should have had a full portion so we shared it between us. The bowls were all chipped around the rim and the bottom. We also noticed the window sill behind us had two dead wasps, one live one and some dead flies on it. This pub is in such a fantastic location it is such a shame that it is so dingy, dirty and smelly. Will not be returning.

3  Thank worthing99

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Had an open deck bus trip to devils dyke today, my husband & I decide to have a Sunday roast
but were told we had to book as there were no tables available, but there were at leased 7 empty
tables in the one hour we were there, we had beer and crisps each as no sandwiches were
being served as it was a Sunday, my husband had a pint of lager and I had a half of bitter and 2 small packets of crisps this cost £8 !! and the change was pound short. they had no guinness which I always drink. The guy who you had to see for a table was telling everyone who came there was a 40 mins waiting as there were no tables available, we were sitting in the bar near to him so could hear what he had to say. If I owned the place I would not be happy losing those customers as several people wanted to have a lunch which was a lost income. Poor Service!!

5  Thank Joan331
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Devil dyke is beautiful view and for a day out walking along like country side there is a pub and a parking a space two pound a day.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

what a cool place this is such a glorious view and in many ways a place of wonder.... just great....

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a beautiful place with a Nice Restaurant to supplement.
Car Parking is really cheap at 2 Quid for the Day.
On a bright sunny day, this place would attract a lot of tourists.

Nice long walks and Panoramic Photography can be included to the itinerary.