“Lovely!”

and up
Full Day Tour to Brighton From Oxford
Ranked #8 of 170 things to do in Brighton
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Enjoyed the mooching and felt they had a good varied collection with galleries to interest everyone and engage children. Talking of which - probably the best time to visit is lunchtime. We went when it opened at 10am and so did about 100 schoolchildren. It made it a noisy visit. I was in particular interested to see the exhibition on BIBA - I loved her fashion and accessories at the time and was looking forward to seeing items again but in the end, thought £6 too expensive and didnt go in.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Clean, bright, overlooking the main museum hall. Cafe fayre, served with love and a great view. Always good for a visit, as the exhibitions change and it's fun

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Some local items of local interest, but not overly exciting or informative museum. The displays are rather small, with a very limited time period covered.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This museum reeks of history. It's housed in George IV's stables, elegant as they are. The collection includes varied pieces from the historical collection, including paintings (local artists, too), furniture, and displays on Brighton's history as a health resort. And it's free!

1  Thank doctorj42
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I wanted to visit this museum as it was so close to the Royal Pavilion. My daughter was with me and became engrossed with the furniture on the ground floor. I enjoyed a lot of the exhibits also but had to leave my scooter to enter the Egyptology room which was small and disappointing. I was unable to visit the first floor-so we left - are you telling me Biba (Barbara Hulancki) was exhibited there? Why were there no signs to that effect? My daughters favourite fashion designs from the 60's are Bibas. How come she didn't see the signs?

1  Thank ethel698