“First class food and first class service”
Review of The Courtyard - CLOSED

The Courtyard
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Being in the heart of Brighton’s Cultural Quarter,In the centre of Brighton, just along from the Theatre Royal You can expect a warm friendly greeting at The Courtyard in a beautiful indoor courtyard setting, along with some fabulous locally sourced fresh MODERN BRITISH food. The restaurant is a ideal spot for a delicious home cooked meal as all ingredients are bought fresh daily and cooked to order. Open monday - friday 10.00am - late Saturday and sunday 9.30am - late.Breakfast Lunch Pre-Theatre set menu and Supper See our Video to take a peek inside.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“First class food and first class service”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I visited the restaurant with my son for my lunchtime birthday treat. We were fortunate to be able to sit outside. The waitresses were very attentive without being intrusive. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was the best we have eaten in a very long time! My son had lobster and chorizo salad with chips. I had fish and chips, both to die for! The chips were homemade and piping hot. The fish, very fresh and lovely crispy batter. Given that my son lives in London and is more qualified to critique food/service, he rated The Courtyard as outstanding. I couldn't agree more. I can't wait to go back. Thank you Courtyard, you made my birthday very special!

• Visited October 2012
TheCourtyard20, Owner at The Courtyard, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hello and many thanks for such a kind review. We are so happy you enjoyed your meal and especially your birthday at The Courtyard. We hope to see you both again soon and please don’t forget we do have a very reasonable pre-theatre menu if ever you are visiting the Theatre in Brighton.
Kind regards,
The Courtyard managment

Brighton, United Kingdom
“I don't understand these reviews!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I LOVE this place! Great food, great atmosphere, friendly service and the home-made scones are the best in town and only for £4.95 with a pot of tea. Yes the service can be slow when busy but please name a restaurant that isn't?!

My ony advise is to try the place first before believing these silly reviews.

• Visited December 2012
TheCourtyard20, Owner at The Courtyard, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Hello and a very happy New Year. It’s so kind of you to take the time to post a positive review. The majority of our customers leave very happy, but unfortunately it seems to be only disgruntled customers who leave a review. You are very kind, the chef has made up a batch of huge (they grew in the oven!) scones, and delicious black forest gateau... see you soon
Kind regards,
The management
Brighton England
“Nice venue, shame about the food”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Called in for a light lunch - luckily we weren't in a rush as it took 40 minutes for two paninis to arrive - and they weren't even cooked through - raw tomatoes, unmelted mozzarella - and £4.95 each. The restaurant was virtually empty - not surprising. Lovely and convenient location, but totally let down by the kitchen and service.

• Visited December 2012
United Kingdom
“What a shame”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great location, lovely venue, shame about the rest, although the young lad who served was fine. Very little on offer if you are Gluten Free! I was 'told' I could have a veggi option, although I'm not a veggi, if not it's steak take it or leave type of attitude, so customer service from the lady waitress or maybe owner was appalling. Luke warm food, rare steak instead of meduim, I could go on.....

• Visited November 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
“Interesting experience not to be repeated........”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Website offer BYOB Mon - Weds - turned up Tuesday with own wine - waitress very puzzled - we show her own "Courtyard" website on phone - stlll puzzled - she calls manager - says OK £3.50 corkage - we point out this price not mentioned on website she says "boss says £3.50" . Stupidly we opted to stay - One serving member of staff and one cook is not enough for a large eaterie - if you have three hours go there ......if not - there are plenty of better restarants in Brighton - don't bother with this one.

• Visited November 2012