“A definate must for groups travelling to brighton”

Regency Hotel Brighton
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“A definate must for groups travelling to brighton”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

This hotel was found purely by chance whilst surfing the web and what a fantastic find. The hotel was booked out for the whole weekend for just our party and it couldn't have been more perfect.

The hotel is central to Brighton which is great as avoided getting unecessary taxis, its central location also has amazing views of the seafront.

The design is extremely unique and isdefinately part of the hotels charm, with each of its rooms with it's own personality it is definately memorable.

If our stay couldn't have been made any better, the hotel also provided a fab buffet breakfast to set us up for the day ahead.

For any groups, especially ladies, I would seriously consider the Regency hotel for your stay in Brighton. Definately on the list to book again :-)

Room Tip: If you are not good with stairs try and look to get room 3, which is not only on a lower floor but i...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Kent
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights in July. Had a great stay. The hotel is approx 2 minutes walk to the promenade, pier etc. Room was small but fine. There was a fantastic shower with a "disco lights shower head!" The hotel price was good value. The full English breakfast was great, fresh and properly cooked and seved by Marilyn Monroe !!!!
Enjoy.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We have just returned from a weekend at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone looking for a small hotel with fantastic service and helpful staff. Breakfast was excellent, all rooms are en suite and the owner puts himself out in every way to help. The staff are extremely polite and courteous, I have been to many five star hotels where the staff are nowhere near as efficient. Location is also good as close to city centre and beach.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Brighton
Reviewed July 5, 2011

This is the only hotel I'll stay in when I come to Brighton! I've been a handful of times now and I'm still trying to work my way around all the sumptuously decorated rooms! My favourite is room 2, although the view from room 3 is stunning. Each room is decorated in a different theme, and so tastefully done!
the hotel is right behind churchil square so easy to get to and get into town. also right on the sea front and with a large green expanse right in front. its an ideal meeting point and they've even cater for tea parties in the dining room!
All the staff I've ever encountered were nothing but pleasant to me. I've been meaning to write a review each time I go down there! Everyone is nice and friendly.
Anyone who has reviewed differently must quite frankly be a grumbler by nature, as I have never encountered a problem during any of my stays that the staff were not quick or happy to resolve for me.
Cannot recommend enough.

Room Tip: All the rooms have different themes!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Cupcake360
UK
Reviewed June 24, 2011

The hotel was so charming and the owners were too! Breakfast was delicious! The location was perfect! There was an adjacent carpark underneath the square and the square gave a bit of a sound-buffer to the more frequented main road, but we still had the lovely seaside view, so it was the best of both worlds. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay despite the bad weather, and we were thankful that we had a lovely hotel to come home to from the rain and wind.

Room Tip: go through the hotel directly to book ;o)
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank seeingtheworldnow
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I stayed here as a group of five and was given a family suite with a bathroom connecting two bedrooms. This was far more preferable to sharing a dorm room.

From booking the hotel the staff were friendly and welcoming and this lasted throughout our stay, they seemed like genuinely kind people who wanted us to have a good time.

The room was great, although a fridge may have been useful. Beds were comfortable and the shower stayed hot throughout.

Excellent location right next to the beach, while also an easy walk from the station and close to good pubs and food places.

I couldn't have asked for anything more from a mint on the pillow to a delicious breakfast to a relaxed checkout time and quiet location.

Thanks!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Calime84
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2011

Great place to stay, near all facilities, yet far enough away from any noise. I had a small room but was perfectly adequate for me, I understand there are bigger rooms if they available. . This is not just a business but the owners home as well and its only to be expected that there is the need for the odd lick of paint here and there, but really that shouldnt put you off staying. I would definitely go there again when Im in Brighton. The only point I would pick up is that the welcoming owners also welcome hen parties at weekends and if that is something that bothers you I would advised you check if they have any booked in at the time you wish to stay.. Dont be put off by the negative comments on this website, I was very apprehensive when I read them but after my visit they are definitely an over reaction. This small hotel is fantanstically located, friendly owners, fab breakfast which was filling and very hot, Go for it !

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo