“Great Over Night Pit-Stop”
Review of Legends Hotel

Legends Hotel
Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great Over Night Pit-Stop”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

An ex-resident of Brighton and frequent drinker in Legends, I chose the venue based on its superiority in 3 categories - price, location and quality. It really outstripped any of the other budget-style hotels with a fantastic view, clean and cheerful rooms, and a super friendly and helpful staff.

I only stayed the one night and unfortunately had to leave early before I got a chance to try the complimentary breakfast, but I have absolutely zero complaints about my stay.

I would, however, give a slightly warning - there is no lift and it's a tall building so be aware if carrying heavy bags. Also, whilst it didn't bother me in the slightest, the single rooms are small, but you get what you pay for and it's worth the price.

Would definitely stay again and I intend to.

Room Tip: Whilst I didn't have a problem with this at all, I suggest if you're looking for an early/qu...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Fitz971
LegendsMO, Public Relations Manager at Legends Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your feeedback. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We just wanted to point out we do have a lift, it's in the reception area.

Kind Regards,
Arran & Matt
Marketing Team at Legends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel weekend of Fri 13/07. Check in is not until 3pm, but you can leave your luggage at the reception and return after that. We stayed in the suite on the 1st floor which was a large, spacious room with walk-in shower and separate bath; my only comment about the bathroom is that the shower controls are not inside the shower (which is a very bad design) and that the water temperature had a mind of its own. The bed was absolutely huge and was a pleasure to sleep in; the room has blinds and curtains, so if like me you want blackout to sleep this is what you get! Perfect.

The staff are absolutely lovely and really go out of their way to help you; the guy at reception is a bit grumpy though, but every interaction we had was a pleasant one.

The hotel is above a bar and night club, which is open until 5am I think, so at times it can be noisy; not an issue for me but my partner had to wear earplugs so not to be disturbed.

The suite on the first-floor has a lovely sea view and overlooks the beach and the big wheel thing.

Location is awesome; easy walking to everywhere, the Lanes, the Marina etc.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I've stayed in Legends a number of times over the past 10 years. The service is consistently very good, the beds are very comfortable and the quality of items used for the breakfast menu is superb.

The hotel itself is above one of the liveliest night-time venues in Brighton so bear this in mind before booking.

• Stayed July 2012
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My girlfriend and I have just returned from a 3 day break for our anniversary in Brighton, we really enjoyed our stay at Legends, the staff are all extremely friendly and go out of their way to make sure everything is ok for guests. I had ordered Champagne as an extra for our room but it wasn't sorted for when we got there so the manager (I think) apologised and offered us a bottle on the house! This was not to be expected so instantly gave a good impression of the place. The bar is super gay friendly and as an open couple that doesn't bother us in the slightest, the gay club and bar are good for all sexual preferences and the bar staff upstairs in particular are brilliant. Would definitely stay again aside from a tiny toilet and tiny shower room our stay was fantastic, a sea view that nobody could beat overlooking the wheel, pier and beach, friendly laid back staff (especially Jamie the barman.. ask for AGWA shots) and a perfect location all made for an awesome trip.

Haverhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My girlfriend and I have just returned from a two night stay at Legends Hotel and we were more than happy with our time there. The staff were friendly and very helpful - we were missing a mirror from our room and it wasn't long after asking for one that one was found for us. The double room we booked was abit on the small side but that wasn't a problem because the room was clean and comfy plus the sea view made up for that. We missed breakfast on the first morning but we made it down the next day and found it to be excellent. And all at a good price - £150 for the two nights.
The only surprising thing for me was that a hetrosexual couple were asked by the doorman not to kiss or show any kind of public affection in the bar area one night, and was told that the same would apply to a gay couple, even though a gay couple were cuddling near by. I can't see what difference it makes, gay or straight, why no canoodling? Only a minor negative to an otherwise pleasurable stay. We would definately stay here again.

Newmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2012

It made no difference to my girlfriend and I that Legends is one of Brighton's most popular gay friendly establishments, infact calling the place gay friendly rather under states matters, the important thing was that we would be spending the weekend in a clean, comfortable and lively establishment which served a decent breakfast.....Legends fulfilled all of our criteria.

Having said that, we reserved a luxury room which I have to say, was smaller than I was expecting and indeed the shower room/toilet was tiny but that did not distract from our fun weekend. Staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful, noise levels were acceptable, bed comfortable, modern TV, room safe, nice white cotton fairly new sheets and an overall pleasant experience.....oh and the breakfast is as good as it gets.

Would we stay here again, very definitely.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Trexmid
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Lovely place to stay right in the centre of the gay area, would definitley come back again.
Staff very pleasant, and very helpful, was given a couple of 24hr parking tickets which cost 9.50 each. Instead of paying between 20-30 at the local car parks.
Room was perfect only a little bit on the small side but that dont bother me and my partner.
Breakfast was excellent and very fast.
Only minus was that we were given the wifi password for our floor (2nd) but could only pick up the 1st and 3rd floors wifi??? so couldnt use the wifi.
Didnt get the any sea views but im not fussy

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple