“Good location, not too expensive.”

Amsterdam Hotel Brighton
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Walked right in and asked them how much and ended up paying 75 a night for two nights. Good breakfast, it had like really nice yogurts. I also quite enjoyed the fruit salad. The rooms were quite nice, and the hotel was in a really convenient location (So convenient that we missed our hotel because we kept thinking it was the second block from the beach, not right at the beach). If you wanna go to the Pier a lot, then this is the prime spot. We also walked to Devil's Dyke from here and it took like 3 and a half hours, so maybe take the bus. :| It's only 5 quid. Bye.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Rooms booked for family and friends coming down to Brighton Fringe. This covered a variety of ages and hotel expectations . Everyone was more than happy with the size and quality of the rooms and the lovely sea views. The location is excellent and the staff went out of their way to be helpful and friendly at all times . The buffet style breakfast was fresh and plentiful. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to spend a short break on Brighton sea front.
Thank you to all the staff .

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here June 5th tv did not work shower only worked now and then and the nightclub downstairs was very very loud till 3 am would not go back if you paid me however location is very good as is the view this hotel is used by a lot of gay men which is not a problem for my wife and I but it does not tell you that before you book

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Nagsie
AmsterdamHotel, Manager at Amsterdam Hotel Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Hi
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. the night club next door we do not have any control over them.as we are in Brighton most of the gusts are Gay. We are not an exclusive gay hotel, I am working as the Hotel Manager here I am living in this same building with my wife and 3 year old son.
could you please give your booking details, so we can look in to this matter. And we can offer you a 50% discount on your next stay (if you are interested) sorry for the late replay.

KT Firose
Hotel Manager
E Mail : firose@amsterdam.uk.com

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We travelled down on the Bank holiday Sunday for a wedding. My fiance had called to confirm our reservation and was told we'd been upgraded to the penthouse from a deluxe room which was a welcome surprise. Parking is a bit of an issue but we were lucky (again) to park in the street where the hotel is, you can buy a parking permit from the hotel for £7.50 for 24 hours. From the moment we arrived the hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was amazing at the very top of the hotel with a huge sitting room, a lovely 4 poster bed and a great big bathroom with a skylight. The room had a wonderful view over the pier, big sofa and a daybed and a fridge which was handy as we'd taken some champagne for drinks with our friends before the wedding. My only regret was we didn't go down on the Saturday and have 2 nights instead of one. Will absolutely stay here again next time we come to Brighton. I almost always find something which could be improved when I stay in a hotel but in the case of the Amsterdam everything including the weather was great.

Room Tip: We stayed in the penthouse and it was amazing, especially as we were upgraded for free!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed at the Amsterdam on the 24th and 25th May our only regret was that we didn't book for 3 nights, when we got up Sunday morning and saw Brighton pier and the sun glistening onto the sea from our fantastic room we just didn't want to go. This hotel is like coming home for my wife and I as the welcome we receive is so warm and friendly, the room was spotlessly clean and the staff couldn't be more helpful. You buy a parking voucher for £7.50p for 24 hours which is good value and the hotel is close to the amazing bars and restaurants that Brighton has to offer. My wife and I come to this hotel twice a year and really wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. Gavin & Sara

Room Tip: Room 10 and room 20 lovely rooms and of course the penthouse suite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2013

A well managed; clean hotel, I stayed in this hotel on there 2 night weekend break deal and enjoyed every moment. When I checked out, I asked to show me a front view room, I noticed that the sea view rooms are much spacious than the normal double rooms, I will definitely go for a sea view room next time. I really liked the walking shower rooms after having a good walk on the Brighton beach, a shower is very refreshing. To find a parking space we had to drive around several times. But we did manage to find one. The reception staff and the bar staff where very helpful, I will recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have nice stay in Brighton

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shahid C
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Can't believe the review I've just read below and couldn't disagree more. The hotel staff are extremely warm and welcoming and we had a perfect 2 nights here. Great value for money for £100 per night. It's a shame we can't see both sides of the bad review as I find it hard to believe we stayed at the same hotel. Came to Brighton to see if we'd like to move here. After the friendly welcome and great few days its 100% a yes.
Many thanks.