“Great value, location and staff!”
Review of New Madeira Hotel

New Madeira Hotel
Ranked #63 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Great value, location and staff!”
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at the New Madeira - it's warm and welcoming and the staff is always nice and helpful. I came in earlier than the stated check in time, but they had my room ready and when I got it I realised I've been given an upgrade. Very much appreciated. The room was magnificent - larg and spatious and nicely decorated. A big thank you for a great night's sleep!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Bodrum City, Turkey
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Im afraid i can only describe the New Madiera Hotel as the worst hotel i have ever had the misfortune of staying in. The hotel for start charges ridiculously high prices for parking in what they call a customer car park which is infact half on the pavement and charge as much as 25 pounds per evening!

After such a shock i was expecting to have excellent customer service and a great room, instead however i was greeted by the money hunger pompus owner of the establishment who charged both me and my friends cash there and then, demanded that the full amount be paid before we were even shown to our rooms, and then pocketed the cash right infront of our eyes. No wonder the hotel is going nowhere!!!

The room, (crammed full with 4 single beds) to say the least, was probably less comfortable than sleeping on the pebble beach opposite, spiders and infact various other insects infested both the curtains and the carpet infact. This was not a one off either, all of the rooms we stayed in either had we rotting stains or had room mates in the shape of various creepy crawlies. The bed was, to say the least, wafer thin, i may aswell have slept on the bed slats themselves.

I was lucky enough to have an electrical fault in my room also, which wasnt fixed untill the 3rd night of my 4 night stay....the electrical fault was the main lightbulb.

Terrible customer service, disgraceful prices, rooms that arent fit for illegal immigrants let alone paying customers. And all of this, fronted by the rudest and most arrogant 'businessman' (as he called himself) i have ever met!

If there is one place you stay in brighton, please make it brighton beach rather than this ridiculous excuse for a hotel. If it isnt shut down thats a crime in its self!

As for the funky fish 'night club'attached to the back......well i dont have the energy left to write about it. Simply combine a gypsies home coming party with your local village hall, topped off with some knock off flourescent light bulbs. Need i say more.

Thanks for reading.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Brighton hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2010

recently stayed at the , The New Madeira Brighton Hotel. The customer service was ok, however some members of staff were drinking on site, I know england were playing the football that day but come on!!! We checked in and they wanted the money upfront in cash which i found a bit odd. The Manager greeted us after we checked in. He was egoistic, rude, and vulgar. When I did not feed into his bragging about what excellent beer and club he has, he got pissed off and was rude to one of my friends! Talk about customer service. NEVER GO THERE! It is not worth it. If you consider yourself of some quality, please stay on your level with where you lay your head. If your not concerned with any type of quality, then still dont go there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
brighton
Reviewed May 15, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my son the night before my wedding.
We where made to feel very welcome and the staff where very helpful and friendly, The hotel was lovely and clean, the room was large, clean, modern and comfortable
Breakfast was really nice and again the staff very polite

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2010

It's 3am and no sleep. I never write reviews but have time because cannot sleep. The glass in this room is so thin and windows so old you can hear the all the people from the club downstairs and can hear every car go by. We took the seaview for relaxing and paid £160.

Never in my life have I been misold a room spoke to a lady on the phone to make sure all was clear. I hope no one has to go through this and hence I write this.

Avoid at all costs

• Stayed May 2010
London
Reviewed March 16, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed here on a sunday night and loved the boutique room. We checked out both the standard and boutique room and it was worth paying the difference in price as the standard room needed more attention. The boutique room on the other hand was well decorated, homely and the bathroom was amazing (with jet sprays in the bath). Laura on reception was very helpful and nice.

Our only criticism would be that the room was too hot however the rest of the experience was great and the location on the sea front and a short walk to the shops was ideal.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Binfield Berkshire
Reviewed February 22, 2010

My husband and I stay at the New Madeira Hotel for one night, we booked the room walking in off the street after a day trip to Brighton and deciding to stay over.
Although the Hotel could do with a refurbishment as there is some peeling paint and wallpaper, the carpets have seen better days but for the price it was great everywhere was very clean. We were given a family room which was very large and it was sea facing so a little noisy but all hotels on the front would be the same I suppose, it also had a well stocked tea tray in the draw of the desk lots of hot bath water, towels and compimentry shampoo shower gel and conditioner. Breakfast was good everything you could want and the price of £70.00 for the night including parking was extremely good value for money. I would recommend this hotel to families couples and singles as all the staff were extremely friendly and most helpful you can even take in your take away and eat it in the bar area as the hotel do not provide evening meals so they are fine with it ( Many people did this). The location is fantastic right opposite the pier and close to the towns many bars and restaurants . We asked a reception about somewhere to eat and was told about the HERE restaurant just round the corner from the hotel, it had just re-opened under new management, what a find great food and a free bottle of very good wine with our voucher from the hotel… All in All a very good experience and we would certainly go back again when visiting Brighton….

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple