“Small and unprofessional”
Review of New Madeira Hotel

New Madeira Hotel
Ranked #71 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 18, 2008

The hotel was OK as were the staff. The facilities were not great but they did have a big TV in the bar area - great for Britains Got Talent. Also a 24 hour bar... apparently. The night manager was very aggressive when I asked for a drink, even after I explained that this is a 24 hour bar and that I have Aspergers Syndrome which may be confusing him, perhaps in the way I was asking. I was not drunk! After making a formal written complaint to the owner, it still took 2 months and many reminders before I gave up with thier very lame reply. I am completely unsatisfied with thier obvious discrimination and lack of professional care. Of all the other hotels in Brighton, this is one to definitely avoid.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 18, 2008

This is a great place to stay for a short break/holiday. i stayed here recently and i found the staff to be very welcoming and helpful. It has a very good view of the pier at night time. The breakfast is served up very quickly and the lady that served me breakfast had a good sence of humor too. it also has a nice little bar as well.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 2, 2008

Fab Fab Fab

Nine of us stayed at this hotel for my 30th birthday. We felt very welcomed whilst waiting for check in discussing the nightlife with the owner. went to the funky fish at 10pm that evening and there was only us in, it wasnt really our scene so we left and went to Charles street which was just down the road which was excellent. The hotel was in an excellent location just over the road from the pier. We are definetly going to return if just to see the night porter who had to tell us very politely to turn the noise on both nights. Go to this hotel if you are a heavy sleeper oryou go home with the milkman cause you ain't sleeping. We love Barry the boy!!!!!

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed May 27, 2008

8 of us stayed here for 2 nights (Fri & Sat) the last Bank Holiday in May. The hotel is situated right on the sea front. My friend & I had a small, but nice clean room over looking the pier & seafront. Our room could of done with a little TLC on the paint work. The staff are very friendly and breakfast was great. Great veggie breakfast on the menu for the Vegetarians out there.

There is a nightclub within the hotel called the Funky Fish Club This is an excellent little club if you fancy a good old boogie. (warning - depending on where your room is it can be a bit noisy). I would suggest staying in a room at the front of the hotel.

The hotel has 'first come first served ' parking at the front, which is charged at £10 per day. We used this facility as it made life a lot easier with our luggage.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2008

I stayed at the new madeira hotel for 3 days. The room was decent, the view was excellent, and the desk staff were helpful.

I was impressed by the fact that the owner was present looking after things. There was a live comedy show at the in house club "the funky fish club" and it was funny.

I'd do it again.

Schuyler Schaff

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed March 12, 2008

Stayed for one night in February - room was ok, basic - had sea view. Location was good, parking was a problem - they did have a customer car park - but you had to pay a tennar. Desk staff were friendly and informative.
Only complaint that I was conned at the bar - pint and a half of lager for £7, i asked for the receipt - the bar worker made a excuse and promptly walked off.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 11, 2007

Stayed as member of group for a weekend away. Friendly staff, handy location, rooms a little tired but fine. Maybe not the place for a romantic getaway but great for a fun weekend where you are out loads anyway.

• Stayed: October 2007